What are you Cooking the Week of May 5, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 5, 2024?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We've already decided on pizza for dinner tonight.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

I made yogurt on Sunday.

For dinner, I made Chicken Thighs with Broccoli and Orzo, which is my adaptation of an Aaron Hutchinson recipe from The New York Times. The past couple of times that I have made it, I followed posters suggestions and finished it in the oven. This time, I wanted to skin the chicken and give it a panko coating. I did not want to brown the chicken first. So, I put together the broccoli and orzo base, then put the chicken thighs atop it and baked for 45 minutes at 400 F (original recipe 425 F). I added a bit of water, but it did not dry out. I miss the flavor from the fat in the skin, but I know that my digestive system would have reacted poorly to it. I may increase the thyme when I make it again or perhaps mix some spices in with the panko.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Yesterday and today I had scrambled eggs with spinach and parmesan cheese.Cleaning out the fridge because I'm going to Texas Wednesday for 6 days , my granddaughter is getting married Saturday.Big week ahead for me.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I'm doing a center cut pork roast (bone in) for supper tonight.

BakerAunt
            Participant

Ah, Joan, enjoy your granddaughter's wedding! How lovely!

I made clam chowder for lunch on Monday. I have enough for two more lunches.

For dinner, we had the leftover Chicken Thighs with Broccoli and Orzo. I think it was better today, which surprised me, since broccoli does not usually re-heat well. After thinking about the recipe, I have decided that next time I will mix some spice blend into the Panko that I use to coat the chicken, maybe Penzey's Justice or the Mural of Flavor blends.

BakerAunt
              Participant

For dinner on Tuesday, I made salmon patties, which we had sandwich buns I baked earlier in the day. We used leftover tartar sauce as the condiment, and the results are yummy. We also had leftover coleslaw.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had a Healthy Choice pineapple chicken meal and it was very good.I'm leaving tomorrow for 6 days to the wedding for my granddaughter but I'll keep up with you all.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Dinner last night was salmon on the grill, basted with maple syrup, plus asparagus risotto and a green salad. Asparagus is just starting to show above ground, so we know more good home-grown food will soon be on the table!

RiversideLen
                    Participant

Joan, congratulations to your granddaughter, have a great time!

Last night I made a pork loin roast, mashed potatoes and broccoli.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Tonight we had a big sirloin steak, with the parts we didn't eat cut up for sandwiches and salads.

Last night we went to a social gathering with a buffet, and decided to ignore the keto diet for the evening. Big spikes in blood sugar readings afterwards, but we had a good time.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Dinner was tuna sandwiches on maple whole wheat bread.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had leftover chicken florentine and salads.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

Dinner tonight was burgers on the grill, using the keto buns I made yesterday. The more I looked at them the more they looked like Big Mac buns, so I wound up slicing them in thirds and putting the middle portion in the freezer. This way Diane's got some bread ready for lunches and the carbs on the buns drops to 9, which is closer to what the previous batch was.

I thought the burgers were just a little chewy, but the meat was a bit overdone, I almost always do that the first couple of times I crank up the grill each year, I need to get my timing back. But they did taste like burgers.

Next time I might cut back on the psyillium husk powder a bit, though, the dough was pretty stiff during shaping. This dough has oat fiber, vital gluten and flax powder, no almond meal in this recipe.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Taco/Taco salad tonight.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.