Wed. Sep 30th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 2,650 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 28, 2023? #39390
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I made stuffed peppers yesterday. I had one with a pasta and a salad. For tonight, I will have one with mashed potato.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 28, 2023? #39371
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        I had a pork chop, rice, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower.

        in reply to: Professional doing bagels by hand #39354
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          That guy is amazing.

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 21, 2023? #39343
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            I made meatloaf burgers on the grill, had one with a large salad and a slice of blueberry pie (the pie is from Whole Foods).

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 21, 2023? #39329
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              I made pizza dough yesterday using the KAF Rye flour blend. I used 90 grams each of semolina, rye blend, white whole wheat and 30 grams of AP. A teaspoon of sugar, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/2 tsp of yeast, a splash of olive oil and 200 grams of milk. I added about an ounce of water during the kneading. The dough rose without any issues. I used about 1/3 of the dough for last night's pizza (170 grams) and will make pizza tonight and tomorrow. Last night's pizza was diced leftover pork roast, thin sliced onion, green pepper and a few kalamata olives. Tonight's pizza will be similar but with sausage and no pork roast.

              pizza

              Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 21, 2023? #39298
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                I made my usual rye/semolina/wheat buns this afternoon.

                buns

                That's what a bun is supposed to look like!

                Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 21, 2023? #39292
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I had pork roast, mashed potato, broccoli and carrots.

                  in reply to: What are You Cooking the Week of May 14, 2023? #39274
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    I made a small pork roast on the bbq grill. I had it with a little broccoli, a small salad and one of my failed rye rolls. The roast was real good.

                    IMG_1761

                    Attachments:
                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                    in reply to: What are You Baking the Week of May 14, 2023? #39271
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      Chocomouse, your grilled rounds look great!

                      My rye buns were a failure as buns. They taste fine but they did not rise enough to use as buns, they're more like flat dinner rolls (even though I let them rise for more than 2 hours). I might make this recipe again but next time just use the AP without subbing some with whole wheat. Forming them into buns might have deflated them too much (although that is not a problem with other recipes I have used) so I will make a loaf. I hope that works because otherwise I don't know what I'll do with the rest of that rye blend.

                      rye-bun

                      Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      in reply to: What are You Baking the Week of May 14, 2023? #39254
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        I bought a bag of KAF Rye Flour Blend which contains wheat, dark, medium and light rye flours. I decided to make the recipe on the bag. I made a few small changes, it calls for their dry milk and water. I don't keep dry milk so I subbed liquid non fat milk for the dry milk and water. It also doesn't call for any sugar/honey/molasses but I put in a tablespoon of honey. I also added a tablespoon of vital wheat gluten. There is a typo on the bag as it doesn't call for any salt, a note on the KAB site mentions that and says to use 2 teaspoons, I used one teaspoon. The dough has gone through the first rise, I have formed them into 9 buns @ 93 grams each. Am waiting on the second rise, I'll report back after they have been baked. Almost forgot, the recipes calls for appr (by weight) half rye flour blend and half AP flour, I subbed half of the AP flour with white whole wheat.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 7, 2023? #39184
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          Joan, I'm glad your husband's appetite is improving!

                          Yesterday I made a boneless pork roast on the BBQ, had it with baked beans, mashed potato and cauliflower.

                          in reply to: Paying for good restaurant bread #39155
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            The link didn't work so I went to the NY Times site but I couldn't get past their paywall.

                            If the bread is special I would pay for it, depending on the price.

                            in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 23, 2023? #39147
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              I made a batch (8) of sandwich/burger buns.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 23, 2023? #39146
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                I made roasted salmon and a veggie stir fry. I microplaned a garlic clove and some fresh ginger and rubbed it on the salmon. It was a little too much garlic, will reduce that next time. The stir fry was a little celery, carrot, brussels sprouts, broccoli and mushrooms.

                                in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 23, 2023? #39121
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  Have a great trip, Aaron!

                                Viewing 15 posts - 841 through 855 (of 2,650 total)