What are you Cooking the Week of June 11, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 11, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm doing a chicken pot pie for supper tonight.

We got an inch of rain in the last 24 hours and the predicted high for today is 74.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

We will have leftover pizza for dinner tonight.

We have very light drizzle here--not enough for my husband to have anything to measure in the ran gauge. At least the air is moist, so that may help the black raspberries on the terrace and in the woods.

Update: We got 4/100ths of an inch of rain.

cwcdesign
        Participant

I'm going to have leftovers of the Peanut noodles I made on Friday. It was a recipe from Simply Recipes as I liked all the chopped veggies in it- red pepper, shredded carrots, mango slices (which is a really nice addition, green onions and cilantro. The recipe also called for romaine and red cabbage, but I bought a package of broccoli/cabbage slaw to use instead. The peanut sauce was disappointing - thin and too sweet - I knew I shouldn't have added all the brown sugar the recipe called for. I have a couple of other peanut sauces that I like better that I would use with these veggies I also used brown rice Pad Thai Noodles from Lotus brand that I use a lot.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I made stuffed red peppers to pop in the freezer for future meals. I used a pound of ground beef and a pound of bulk Italian sausage, bread crumbs, dried onions and parsley, hydrated with canned beef broth. The peppers were on the larger side so I cut them down the middle and made 4 stuffed halves. I also got 4 meatballs out of it.

Tonight's dinner will be leftover steak, a small salad and brussels sprouts, maybe a little pasta.

chocomouse
            Participant

We had salads for dinner: leftover Greek orzo, seafood, and pasta with spinach, black olives, red onions, feta, and Ranch dressing. It was 80* with a forecast of heavy rainstorms late this afternoon, but they have not materialized, yet. So far, it's been the first day with no rain in about 2 weeks.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I had a cheese burger with onion and mushrooms and a large salad.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had a 2nd round of chicken pot pie, there's enough left for dinner again on Tuesday, then I'll have to come up with something else.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Tuesday is bringing us some needed rain, although not yet as much as we hoped. For dinner, I roasted chicken thighs (we found a great deal at the grocery today) and made a farro stir-fry with chicken/turkey broth from the freezer, red bell pepper, sliced carrots, chopped celery, sliced mushrooms, and a bit of parsley. I threw in some frozen peas from a bag that must have been filled with peas that were picked past their prime because when we had them last week, they were tough and chewy. Putting them into the stir-fry hides that texture somewhat.

I also made yogurt on Tuesday.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We decided on tomato and salami sandwiches tonight.

cwcdesign
                      Participant

I baked a nice piece of salmon that I had on a salad.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

Yesterday I made some boneless chicken breasts on the grill. I had one with a salad and a little pasta. Tonight will be a repeat.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

I picked two big bowls of salad from the Aerogarden today, so we're having salads and burgers on the grill tonight. (No bun for Diane.)

I sprouted some peapods and then put them in the Aerogarden, 4 of 6 are doing fine, I'm sprouting some more to replace the two that didn't take. Somewhere I think we've got some inoculant but I haven't found it yet, and for the amount of peapods I'm growing at a time it is kind of expensive (and I'm not sure how to use it in hydroponics.)

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I decided to turn tonight's dinner into a salad.

IMG_1784

Attachments:
                              You must be logged in to view attached files.
                              BakerAunt
                              Participant

Wow, Len! I would definitely dine at this restaurant!

We had leftover roasted chicken thighs with leftover vegetable-farro stir-fry.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I spent Friday morning canning the gallon of maple syrup (large plastic jug) that I bought from a local producer at the farmers' market in March.

I spent the afternoon re-organizing my pots and pans cabinet, which I have been meaning to do for a while. It should be easier for me now to grab the pans I use most.

For dinner, we had the last of the black-eyed peas with ham and rice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.