What are you Cooking the Week of June 18, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 18, 2023?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

Navlys--Your salad sounds delicious.

We had ham sandwiches for dinner on Wednesday, using the Mostly Whole Wheat Maple Buttermilk Bread that I baked yesterday evening. That combination is heavenly. We also had some raw carrots.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I made tostadas tonight.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had BLT's and salad.

BakerAunt
          Participant

After enjoying two nights of ham sandwiches and carrots for dinner, I cooked on Friday night. I roasted two chicken thighs and made a stir-fry with farro cooked in turkey broth from the freezer, sauteed carrots, celery, mushrooms, and fresh kale (from our garden!), some dried sage, and some frozen peas. These are not the greatest frozen peas: they are tough and not particularly tasty. We think that they must have been old when they were picked and frozen. They are the Walmart brand, which was never a problem, but the peas in this bag are not great for eating on their own. However, if I hide them in a stir-fry, they become tolerable. We bought two bags that day, so we are hoping the second bag is not like this one.

chocomouse
            Participant

Our dinner was ham steak on the grill, potato salad, and spinach salad. I got the recipe for the spinach salad from a friend in San Francisco when we lived there in the 70s. I made it often then and when we moved away, but I have not made it for probably 45-50 years! It's just as good today as it was then, and I won't wait another 50 years to make it again. It has spinach, sliced water chestnuts, bean sprouts, bacon, and a special dressing. The spinach came from our deck garden.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had steaks on the grill, sauteed mushrooms, baked potato, and a small salad.

chocomouse
                Participant

I marinated and sauteed chicken thighs which I had with leftover potato salad. My husband was at a barbeque all day and wasn't hungry, so I have leftovers for lunch.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.