Thread for Joan

Home Forums Member News Thread for Joan

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Wishing you both strength and peace on this journey, Joan.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Joan--I pray that you and Sonny will feel God's grace and presence in this difficult time. CWCdesign's metaphor of a journey is apt. Another useful metaphor is of a race, except that you do not know how long the race will be, so pace yourself as best you can. Hugs.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

My wife's step-mother had lung cancer that had spread to her brain before it was diagnosed. The reason she went to the doctor is that she was having trouble filling out the daily crossword puzzle.

She tried a couple of radiation treatments but they made her so sick and the prognosis wasn't great anyway, so she discontinued them and was gone in another week or so. That was 20 years ago and I still miss her phone calls asking for help with that day's crossword puzzle. I think she would have liked Wordle, too.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Just touching base with you all,getting weaker and more confused everyday. Our son and his wife came in for a short visit, grandchildren are suppose to fly in next weekend.I'm up a lot so when I can rest I do.Thankful for friends and family for lending a hand or ear.My prayer is for the Lord to take him quickly and not let him suffer.The odd thing is he never complains about pain.He is on some wild and crazy adventures though, last night he wanted a shovel to go digging in Australia and where did that come from???Just now he wanted me to find his military papers and I told him we'd get them tomorrow.Keep us in your prayers, thanks Joan.

Italiancook
            Participant

Joan, it's wonderful that your son and his wife made the trip. I'm glad you have assistance from friends and family. My prayers uplifted.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I am glad that you have some help and support, Joan, and that family are coming in to see Sonny. I keep both of you in my prayers.

chocomouse
                Participant

So sad for you, Joan, but you have a good attitude. I'm glad to know you rest when you can; continue to take care of yourself so that you can keep supporting Sonny. It's so good to know that you both have the support of family. I continue to think of you every day.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

To all our friends and family my husband, friend and love of my life has departed this world to heaven yesterday. That dreaded word Cancer has ravaged his body and mind. He was so ready to fight this disease and live but that wasn't possible. God is in control and I know he has a new body and I'll see him one day God was merciful and didn't let him suffer long. I ask each of you to keep our family in prayers as we adjust our days ahead."Old SS" did it his way and died peacefully at home surrounded by his family.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

My deepest sympathies, Joan.

chocomouse
                      Participant

My sympathies, Joan. I will be thinking of you.

rottiedogs
                        Participant

My deepest condolences Joan. My thoughts are with you and your family.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I'm so sorry Joan, I know what you're going through. I will keep you in my prayers.

Italiancook
                            Participant

Joan, I send my sympathy and empathy to you. My prayer is that God will comfort you and heal your grief. 1 Peter 5:10.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Joan, I will keep you and the family in my prayers. Hugs.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant
                                Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.