Thread for Joan

Home Forums Member News Thread for Joan

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I am starting this thread in support of Joan, whose husband has not been well. I am hoping that she can keep us posted on how he is doing here, and we can support her with encouragement and/or prayer.

I am thinking about you, every day, Joan, and keeping you and your husband in my prayers.

Spread the word
      Italiancook
      Participant

I have also been praying for you and your husband, Joan.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I thank each of you for prayers.He sleeps a lot and has lost so much weight he told me when he looks at himself in the mirror he sees the photos of men that went through the Holocaust and yes that's what he looks like...skin over bones.All his muscles have dried up in the body eating itself up.He is probably eat up with cancer and he will not go to the doctor.When he had covid in 2020 they told him he had a spot on his lung and he wouldn't get it checked out.Stubborn.He knows he has COPD but we are taking it one day at a time.He is very weak, can't do much and probably only eats about a cup of food all day and drinks very little. He says nothing tastes good.I thank each of you and will keep you updated.I know our precious God will see us through this.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Joan, I'm keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

My husband decided today he'll go see the doctor tomorrow, we have a 8:30 am appointment so we shall see.

Italiancook
              Participant

Glad he's going to the doctor, Joan. I hope you receive better news than you're expecting.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers.My husbands regular weight use to be 145 poundsWe went to the doctor today and my husband is down from 124 pounds in March to 108 pounds today fully clothed with a jacket on .In March he went to doctor but wouldn't get x-ray but now he is willing to try to get better.We will go Monday for blood work and x-rays and then we'll see what shows up.The doctors said he has seen this before and may not be able to do anything but can send him for infusion or something to build him up maybe.He gave him megace for his appetite, prednisone and some cough meds that helps him sleep.He's been on inhaler of Trelegy and the nebulizer with albuterol for sometime but the smoking has really made it difficult for him.We're taking it one day at a time.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Thank you for keeping us posted, Joan. The road ahead is not an easy one. I will continue to keep you and your husband in my prayers.

navlys
                    Participant

Praying for you Joan.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I'm sorry I haven't updated you all ,it been a hectic week.After we got home Monday from the tests our doctor called and said to go straight to the hospital.After a lot of tests and CT scans they decided he probably has CLL Leukemia or a cancer.They ran the light down and got biopsy of lung and lymph nodes.We will go Tuesday for bone marrow test.When we got to the hospital Monday they said his white blood cell count was 162-K had a very enlarged spleen,chest exrays showed a large necrotic mass on right bottom lung, weight dropped to 104.We have been at the hospital all week ,got home today.I've been going back and forth because we have our little dog.Home health care are suppose to come tomorrow.Thank you all for the prayers we appreciate them very much.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Thanks for the update, stay strong, Joan.

chocomouse
                          Participant

I will be thinking of you and your husband, Joan.

Italiancook
                            Participant

Joan, when my husband's and my son was 18, I received a call from his doctor's office.

"Your son has kidney disease," the receptionist said.
                              "What does that mean?" I asked.
                              "That your son has kidney disease," she repeated.

We hung up. I had only a few seconds to process this bad news when the phone rang again. It was my mentor/professor from college. I relayed the previous conversation to him. He said not one word. We sat on the phone, neither of us saying anything. After 20 minutes, I knew I wasn't alone with the sad news.

"Thank you," I said, and we hung up without saying good-bye.

Joan, I'm sitting in silence with you, and I'm praying for comfort, strength, and peace for you.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I thank each and everyone of you for the prayers, I can feel them.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

The medication is helping his appetite and he's up to 114 pounds but he's starting to swell in the feet and legs...not good.I was misinformed thinking we were going for bone marrow biopsy but we're not - we are going to have a conference on what they have found and what is the next step for us.I'll report on that tomorrow.Thank you all for prayers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.