Mon. Sep 28th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are You Baking the Week of June 28, 2020? #25083
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I made a chocolate cake, an oil based cake that uses cocoa powder. I replaced 1/2 cup of oil with Greek yogurt. Topped it with a little ganache. I heated up 100 grams (by weight) of milk and stirred in 200 grams of chocolate chips. After the chocolate melted I poured it over the still warm cake and spread it with a spatula. Other than just dusting it with powdered sugar, that has got to be the easiest way to finish a cake.

      cake‑1

      cake‑2

      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      in reply to: What are You Baking the Week of June 28, 2020? #25078
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        Those loaves are picture perfect, Mike!

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 28, 2020? #25077
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          Yesterday I made a pork roast, had it with barley and a veggie stir fry which was mushrooms, zucchini, red onion, red bell pepper and cauliflower.

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of June 21, 2020? #25015
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            A large salad and a leftover Italian sausage.

            in reply to: 2020 Gardens #24975
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              All the plants are filling out quite nicely.

              Peppers are starting to form,

              pepper

              And this morning I spied my first tomato.

              tomato‑1

              Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 26, 2020 #24973
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                I got it wrong too.

                • This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by RiversideLen.
                in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of June 21, 2020? #24940
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I made ground chicken pasta sauce.

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of June 21, 2020? #24929
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    I made a stir fry with left over pork roast, cauliflower, broccoli and carrot and had it with brown rice.

                    in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 24, 2020 #24928
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      Got it. Three of those seeds I have heard of and haven't heard of them being described that way, so I choose the seed I hadn't heard of.

                      in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 23, 2020 #24906
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        I didn't know and guessed wrong.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of June 21, 2020? #24896
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          I had leftover pork roast with noodles and cauliflower, both seasoned with sesame oil and soy sauce.

                          in reply to: 2020 Gardens #24876
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            The first pic are my peppers, basil and parsley

                            peppers

                            This one is tomatoes, there is some parsley and basil in there too.

                            tomato

                            There were deer in my yard last week, this one looks like he is looking through the fence and my neighbor's garden.

                            deer

                            Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            in reply to: Help with Cuisinart Food Processor Needed #24870
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              BA, I've had the same problem with the bowl on my 7 cup KA several years ago. I think I tend to hold the handle too tight when removing the bowl. I was able to piece it back together but of course it broke again. So I ordered a new bowl from either Ereplacement Parts or Partselect, I don't remember which as I've done business with both. Their web sites look identical but prices may be different. Recently I broke the replacement bowl, same problem. I looked closely at the handle and the mechanism and figured out how to make it work without the safety thing. So that's what I'm doing now. I know better than to operate it without the top on so there is no danger to me using it this way.

                              in reply to: Daily Quiz for June 21, 2020 #24868
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                I got it wrong. I've heard of teff, it's suppose to be real nutritious. I don't think I've ever had it.

                                in reply to: What are you Baking the week of June 21, 2020? #24867
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  I've been meaning to bake something for a while now, so today I made a BRM vanilla cake mix. I added a teaspoon of cake spice to it. Instead of using the 3 eggs it calls for, I used one whole egg and 2 egg whites. It came out fine. For the frosting I used a tablespoon of coconut oil mixed with a cup of confectioners sugar, a fair amount of cocoa powder and warmed milk. Then I topped it with some shredded coconut.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,531 through 1,545 (of 2,649 total)