Mon. Sep 28th, 2026

chocomouse

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 2,758 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 23, 2021? #30011
    chocomouse
    Participant

      I baked Coconut-Lime-White Chocolate Chip Cookies, a recipe from Kevin's Closet Cooking. I wanted to use up an aging half package of white chips and a half package of coconut. I used 1 Tablespoon of KABC's Lime Juice Powder for the lime flavor. I added an extra tablespoon of flour, to get the crispy edge-chewy center that I like. These are delicious and perfect texture.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 23, 2021? #30002
      chocomouse
      Participant

        Dinner last night was sheet pan kielbase, potatoes, sweet red peppers and onion.

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 23, 2021? #29991
        chocomouse
        Participant

          We ate grilled salmon, more asparagus, and leftover potato salad.

          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29974
          chocomouse
          Participant

            Navlys, what a great husband you have!! How stressful, but at least you now have a new good recipe!

            Today I baked cinnamon chip scones. While hunting for the cinnamon chips I knew I had, I found a part bag of the pre-cooked masa harina that I use for arepas! I've added those to my future baking list.

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29973
            chocomouse
            Participant

              Home-made baked beans and hot dogs with spicy brown mustard! I should have baked brown bread, too.

              in reply to: 2021 Garden plans #29967
              chocomouse
              Participant

                We had 94* yesterday and 96* today; our average for this time of year is low 70s. I am so glad I have not put any seedlings outside yet - they would be cooked. We are in a moderate drought, so no burn permits issued, and no rain in sight. I'm afraid to think about what the summer season might be like. However, I did go to the Plant Pantry and bought more plants this afternoon -- no masks!! Oh my! Amazing to see smiles again!

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29966
                chocomouse
                Participant

                  We had ribs, potato salad, and asparagus.

                  in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29959
                  chocomouse
                  Participant

                    Today I baked two loaves of oatmeal whole wheat bread.

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29958
                    chocomouse
                    Participant

                      Dinner tonight was shrimp alfredo with broccoli and a green salad.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29944
                      chocomouse
                      Participant

                        Breakfast sausages, and blueberry pancakes with maple syrup.

                        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29926
                        chocomouse
                        Participant

                          Did you have these all made up, with the filling inside, ready to bake (just needing to rise)? I'm curious to know how well they freeze and then bake up.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29925
                          chocomouse
                          Participant

                            We had pork shish-ke-bobs with sweet red pepper and onions, roasted potatoes, asparagus and green salad.

                            in reply to: 2021 Garden plans #29910
                            chocomouse
                            Participant

                              My husband rototilled the garden for the 2nd time today, and next will be setting up the electric fence so I can start to plant. Our night time temps have been in the low 30-40s, down to 35 the night before last, with days only 50-60s. The next week predicts daytime highs in the upper 70s so the soil should begin warm up. We're having the floor of our deck replaced next week, and I cannot start my planters and pots there til that is done. I'm worried about our zoo residents also. I hope the woodchuck doesn't breach the electric fence. I want the possum to continue to feed on the ticks and other small pests. The turkeys can bathe in the dirt that is not planted. The racoons and skunks are fine as long as they wander only in the night-time. I am terrified of meeting up with the bear and the bobcat that patrol the property. May 15, tomorrow, is my last average frost date here, but I don't plant the more tender plants until Memorial Day. I'll have dirt under my fingernails soon!

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 9, 2021? #29909
                              chocomouse
                              Participant

                                Our dinner was grilled chicken thighs with a home-made maple-bourbon basting sauce. Potato slices also cooked on the grill. A green salad with tomatoes, onions, sweet orange peppers with pomegranite balsamic. And asparagus picked just 20 minutes earlier in the garden! I tossed it with olive oil and sea salt, and roasted it in the Breville for 8 minutes at 375. I had been worried that the countertop oven wouldn't cook it as well as steaming it in the microwave - no more worries, it was perfect. I am now going to try to figure out how to cook it a little healthier, with no oil or salt.

                                in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 9, 2021? #29897
                                chocomouse
                                Participant

                                  Italiancook, I use the lemon juice powder frequently, and especially love it in blueberry baked goods, such as muffins and coffeecake. I find I need to use 2 generous tablespoons in a 3-cup of flour recipe that makes about 22 muffins. Have you tried the KABC recipe for lemon streusel? It is excellent! It makes a lot, so I use about half and freeze the rest for later.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,441 through 1,455 (of 2,758 total)