What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Cold and rainy today, not sure how that'll impact supper plans.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had fish for supper (orange roughy for her, salmon for me) with broccoli and some fresh pineapple.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had pork shish-ke-bobs with sweet red pepper and onions, roasted potatoes, asparagus and green salad.

Janiebakes
          Participant

Dinner was courtesy of "the pierogi lady" The local farm we discovered during the pandemic was having their three year anniversary celebration today. Grass fed meat, bakery items and homemade soaps for sale. Food trucks with their homegrown hamburgers and sausages. The pierogi lady had a plate of chicken paprikash, pierogis, and spatzle with cabbage you could get to go. Beautiful blue skies and green farm fields for a much needed outing.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I wanted something easy after doing yardwork so I pulled some chicken stock and a chicken thigh from the freezer and made chicken veggie soup and had it with a roasted pork sandwich.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

I've not posted since our son and his girlfriend came in Mother's day and left Wednesday.We had a very relaxing time and just enjoyed each other.I had cooked a lot ahead of time and we just sat around on the porch,did some grilling etc.We'd never met the girlfriend and she was really nice and didn't feel like a stranger in the house.I hope each of you had a great Mother's Day.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had takeout pizza tonight.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Breakfast sausages, and blueberry pancakes with maple syrup.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight I took roast beef and gravy from the freezer,had that over mashed potatoes and heated a can of tomatoes and okra and made carrot salad with raisins and crushed pineapple.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had a beef stir fry with red bell pepper and mushrooms.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had Little Caesars thin crust mushroom pizza the other day, I thought it was pretty good, and Diane did initially, too, but she had some problems overnight that were similar to her garlic allergy symptoms, so I'm wondering if there's garlic in the crust or sauce that we didn't notice at first. (We even went with 'light sauce'.)

The Little Caesars website doesn't list ingredients and garlic isn't generally listed among the allergens, I dropped them a note to ask if there's garlic hidden somewhere.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight I marinated a boneless chicken breast and grilled it on stove top,baked sweet potato and fried okra.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak,rice and gravy and steamed cabbage..

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner tonight was shrimp alfredo with broccoli and a green salad.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

For dinner on Thursday, I roasted a chicken, and I roasted sweet potatoes tossed in olive oil in my countertop oven. We had a mixed greens and mushroom salad. Dessert was the chocolate blood orange cake that I froze in February, with icing made from blood orange juice I had frozen. Just a tablespoon of the juice makes a lovely pink icing.

I also made another batch of yogurt.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.