What are you Cooking the Week of May 2, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of May 2, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Too soon to think about supper plans, we haven't even thought about lunch yet!

Spread the word
      rottiedogs
      Participant

Today is an easy one for dinner. 80+ degrees here today so the grill will be going. Pizza for tonight and chipotle crusted pork for tacos on Cinco de Mayo later this week.

I grilled up chicken breasts yesterday for sandwiches and BBQ'd some thighs. i hope grilling weather is here to stay!

BakerAunt
        Participant

That sounds delicious, Rottiedogs!

On Sunday, I made another batch of yogurt.

Dinner tonight will be leftover pizza, quick and easy.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

We had hamburgers and fries last night.My sister was put in the hospital with really bad COPD so I made a trip to Tallahassee,Fla. to see her.She didn't look good but my niece said she looked better than the day before.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The rest of the week is supposed to be cool (highs in the mid 60's and lows in the 40's) so I'm making about 5 quarts of potato-leek soup today, with Challah croutons.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had fried cubed pork,leftover green lima beans and thickened potatoes.

chocomouse
                Participant

Salads tonight: seafood, broccoli, potato, and cole slaw.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Joan--I hope that your sister is doing better.

For dinner on Monday, I roasted a chicken and tried a new method. I started it at 450F for 20 minutes, then reduced the temperature to 350F for an hour and 40 minutes when it tested done. It had crispier skin (which alas, I cannot eat) and the chicken was moist. I also roasted sweet potato chunks tossed in olive oil in my small convection oven. A mixed salad rounded out the meal.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Thanks BakerAunt,her COPD is really bad.

Janiebakes
                      Participant

We eat our main meal midday. Dinner today is poached eggs nested over a tomato/blackbean mix spiced with mild green chilis, chili powder and cumin. One corn tortilla each and fruit salad round it all out.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had fried chicken breast,rice & tomato gravy with leftover dried lima beans.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had liver, sauteed onions, potatoes (cooked successfully in the air fryer!) and cole slaw. This used to be one of our favorite meals, but we haven't had it for well over a year.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

To go with leftover roast chicken on Tuesday, I boiled some quartered red potatoes, unpeeled, then coarsely mashed them with a bit of salt and Greek yogurt. I had made gravy last night from the pan drippings, so we had that over the potatoes. Microwaved fresh broccoli completed the main meal. For dessert, I pulled out the last small apple-barley cake from the freezer.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

Joan, I’m sorry to hear about your sister. I hope she is able to be comfortable.

Tomatillos were on sale at Harris Teeter, so I made enchiladas verdes (a day early). My recipe is usually just cheese, but we had leftover grilled chicken so I shredded that to add to the filling. Will made tortillas on Sunday so we used some of those.it was really good and we have leftovers for tomorrow.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Thanks Cwcdesign she may get to go home tonight.

We had find whatever you want tonight I had a chicken sandwich,husband went got him a BBQ sandwich.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.