What are you Cooking the Week of November 27, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 27, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Thanksgiving leftovers are almost gone, time to make something new.

Spread the word
      cwcdesign
      Participant

I'm making slow cooker Caesar Chicken which we'll have either in wraps or as salad. I brought home a salad on Wednesday that was left from our Take n' Bake Thanksgiving dinners - for Thanksgiving we take orders for Dinners or parts thereof that people can pick up on Wednesday for duh, Thanksgiving. The turkeys and prime rib are prepped and ready to go in the oven to be cooked. All the sides are fully cooked, desserts, rolls and corn muffins come from the Bake Shop and our Kitchen also makes charcuterie trays. We had 81 orders this year - some complete dinners, some a quart of gravy. The salad came with a pint of Caesar dressing, so we figured we would use it for something else.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made a mushroom and spinach omelet for breakfast. For dinner I'm going to bake a boneless chicken breast in pasta sauce with a few Greek olives and mushrooms and top it with parm. Will also roast some Brussels sprouts, cauliflower and carrot.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I made about a quart of Thousand Island dressing on Thursday, we finished it last night. (I did send some of it home with a friend, who really loves Thousand Island dressing, but can't eat most of it because it often has olives or olive oil, which she is allergic to.)

The Salanova hydroponic crisp curly pelletized lettuce seed I got from Johnny's has been great, I've already gotten a second picking from the first three I picked last week and I should be able to pick more tomorrow. It looks like a frisee but it is sweet like a romaine.

I got a big container of vegetable beef soup out of the freezer for dinner tonight.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had the last of leftovers from Thanksgiving and the leftover greens was put in the freezer.I hope you all had a good Thanksgiving ours was quiet. I have been keeping up with you all and your food sounded great and the desserts yummy.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Although I still have some containers of pumpkin in the freezer from last year, I decided on Sunday that I needed to start processing the pumpkins I bought in October at the farmers' market. Today, I roasted, pureed, and packed into containers a large peanut pumpkin.

I could spend the time on the pumpkin because we have Thanksgiving leftovers (except for dressing). I even had time to put my feet up and finish a book while roasting the two halves of the pumpkin consecutively. (It was too large to fit in a single roasting pan.

chocomouse
                Participant

I made a fish casserole for dinner tonight - crab meat, "chowder fish" on sale at the local market, and a can of cream of shrimp soup, topped with crumbled saltines. Simple but tasty, and quick to prepare.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Monday's dinner was leftover turkey, roasted honey-nut squash (the last from our garden), and microwaved frozen green beans from our garden.

I also made yogurt.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had cheese tortellini with diced tomatoes.

cwcdesign
                      Participant

For dinner tonight, we had some of the Caesar Chicken and I roasted asparagus and cut up potatoes to go with.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had chargrilled chicken, rice and lima beans.

navlys
                          Participant

We had French chicken with Vinegar. I used boneless chicken thighs and upped the brown sugar. I let it simmer for an hour or so so that the sauce reduces and the chicken falls apart. The extra sugar is probably a no no but darn it makes the chicken taste good!

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had grilled ham and cheese sandwich and fries.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner was omelets with ham, cheese, veggies, and English muffins.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Spaghetti tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.