What are you Cooking the Week of November 27, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 27, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We had more leftover turkey for dinner on Tuesday, along with roasted sweet potato chunks and microwaved frozen combo of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots. A member of the contractor crew fixed my utility cabinet today. (The back was pulling away from the sides.) I am now re-arranging the contents of that cabinet to see if I can organize it more effectively.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I made a pizza. Had a side of broccoli and cauliflower.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had fried cubed pork,mashed potatoes and gravy and green lima beans, I made a no bake peanut butter pie last night but instead of pie crust I made it in a9x9 glass dish with chocolate cookies similar to oreo's ground up and added butter for the base .Really good and light .

chocomouse
          Participant

We had roasted chicken thighs with Greek seasoning, risotto with broccoli, and butternut squash.

BakerAunt
            Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I used leftover turkey, which I added to sauteed mushrooms and red bell pepper, before adding a bit of broth, 1 tsp. rehydrated onion, then the rest of the gravy from Thanksgiving. I boiled some mushroom noodles (German ones that I bought at our last T.J. Maxx visit) and added fresh broccoli florets for the last 2 minutes of cooking. Once drained, I added it to the gravy mixture and tossed. I had some grated Parmesan on mine. We have enough for another meal tomorrow.

Joan--Your pie sounds like a gourmet Reese's Peanut Butter Cup!

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had leftovers here.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

This was the link to the pie I made ,very good.I didn't put the crushed peanuts on top I sprinkled the top with cookie crumbs. BakerAunt it was like a light Reese cup yummy!

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Simple supper tonight oatmeal and toast.

chocomouse
                    Participant

I made turkey soup from the Thanksgiving turkey carcass. I added a frozen veggie mix and egg noodles. It has snowed off and on all day, with winds gusting into the 30 mph range, so this was a perfect meal for us.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I had a chicken thigh with pasta.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken breast, leftover rice and lima beans.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I played around on Friday with a recipe for "Chicken, Broccoli, and Quinoa Bake," by Ellie Krieger in the cooking section of The Washington Post. Instead of boneless, skinned chicken thighs that needed cooking, I used the rest of the Thanksgiving turkey. I also moved it to a 13x9 baking dish. I was worried that the turkey on top would be dry, so I added a little extra broth. I used 2 tsp. dehydrated onion. I also did not use the garlic, as I could not figure out how it would even work with these ingredients, and I also omitted the lemon zest, since I am saving my lemons for other uses. I did not have a half cup of whole milk, but I had ¼ cup leftover evaporated milk and added water to it. My husband really liked it. I find it a bit blah. If I make it again using leftover turkey or chicken, I might just mix it in with the quinoa, with ¼ cup mor broth. The leftovers will probably make 1 1/2 more meals.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made a pot of split pea soup. So dinner was soup and a burger.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I picked up a pound of pulled pork from a local BBQ so we had BBQ sandwich and I had chips, my husband had pork`-n-beans with his.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had tomato soup and fried cheese sandwiches, a nice tummy warmer on a cold day, plus some salad from the Aerogarden.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.