What are you Cooking the week of May 3, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of May 3, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Dinner plans this week?

Spread the word
      kimbob
      Participant

Making yogurt now. Angus burgers with cheddar and bacon for dinner. First time trying them from Schwans. Anyone hear of them?

Joan Simpson
        Participant

The Schwans truck use to run around here but haven't seen one in years.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I see a Schwan's truck in our neighborhood frequently, but I've never bought from them, they've called on us a couple of times, I wasn't excited about their prices.

Italiancook
            Participant

When I broke a finger, Schwan's was a life saver. I could microwave and heat up food, but I couldn't slice, peel, and dice. We enjoyed all the food we bought. Like all frozen food, it was saltier than I'd like. But that was a long time ago, so they may have lowered the sodium. Back then, you had to call for a catalog or place an online order for the truck to come to the home. I don't know how they work now. When my finger healed, I canceled the service. The delivery man told me he couldn't cancel the service. Corporate policy at that time was that I had to call customer service to cancel. I'd use them again if I couldn't cook or just wanted a break from cooking. Around Christmas time (maybe Thanksgiving), they had delicious cheesecake bites. Don't know if they still do those.

Italiancook
              Participant

I'm making chicken & orzo soup for lunch. For dinner, Potatoes & eggs scrambled together & link sausage. So, an easy day for me.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I bought some sirloin steak and mushrooms yesterday, they'll be part of dinner plans, possibly with some broccoli.

kimbob
                  Participant

This is the first time I've ordered from schwans. Hamburgers, chicken cordon bleu, crab cakes, and some frozen veggies which are impossible to find at the grocery store. Got a catlg in the mail and figured, what the heck, give them a try. I didn't think the prices were that high. Saved me a trip to the store!

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made a hamburger (one of Nature's perfect food), a baked sweet potato and broccoli,

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I picked up tacos from a local Mexican Restaurant.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I fried cubed steak,rice and gravy ,green butter beans and deviled eggs.

kimbob
                          Participant

Cheese enchiladas, enchilada sauce, refried beans, lettuce and alot of sour cream! Yum

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We did takeout pizza and lasagna tonight, that'll give us food for several more meals.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Tonight we had hamburger steaks with french fries.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Dinner tonight was meatloaf, baked potatoes, and maple candied carrots.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.