What are You Cooking the Week of May 14, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of May 14, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I just put a chicken into the oven to roast for Sunday dinner. We will have it with some bulgur cooked in chicken broth, along with some leftover roasted sweet potatoes, and microwaved frozen peas.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had steaks on the grill, with salad and steamed broccoli.

navlys
        Participant

Lamb chops marinated with thyme and rosemary and chinese fried rice that I froze, defrosted and microwaved (yum) and roasted carrots. Oops can't forget mint jelly!

BakerAunt
          Participant

For dinner on Monday, I made Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning. As a side dish, I combined asparagus from the farmers' market, chunky mushroom slices, and cherry tomatoes and tossed them in olive oil with garlic powder before roasting at 450F for 9 minutes, stirring, roasting another 6 minutes, sprinkling with Penzey's Sunny Paris, and roasting 3 more minutes. My friend, who is staying with us overnight, had it with our salmon. My husband, who is not keen on asparagus, had microwaved fresh broccoli,

chocomouse
            Participant

Dinner tonight was ribs, asparagus from the garden, leftover broccoli salad, and the grilled asiago rounds. Excellent!

BakerAunt
              Participant

For Tuesday's dinner, I roasted sweet potato chunks to go with leftover roast chicken. We also had a salad featuring mixed greens from the farmers' market, along with store mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Tonight I had macaroni and cheese while Diane had oatmeal.

navlys
                  Participant

Because we had Bocce at 445pm for dinner we had our defrosted and microwaved grilled hamburgers. (at 730pm!) . To repeat myself I add about 1Tbls. of corn syrup per lb. of beef. This keeps them juicy! Also each burger weighs 5oz. I love my scale.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We're having BLT's tonight.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We had asparagus frittata and English muffins for supper tonight. My husband also had a generous piece of rhubarb cobbler. And then asked if he should cut more rhubarb before he goes to work at 6:15 tomorrow morning -- obviously, he loved the cobbler.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Tuesday's dinner was roasted sweet potato chunks with leftover roast chicken and a salad made with spinach and mixed greens from the farmers' market and cherry tomatoes and mushrooms from the grocery. I made the Penzey's French Vinaigrette for the dressing.

I made a stir-fry on Wednesday with leftover chicken, some farro cooked in broth from the freezer, and sauteed red bell pepper, celery, carrots, mushrooms, and kale. There is enough stir-fry for a side dish with tomorrow's dinner.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Dinner on Thursday was easy. I roasted two chicken thighs to go with leftover stir-fry from last night.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We used the grilled rounds split in half as buns for grilled kielbasa with roasted peppers and onions.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

We had a rainy Friday afternoon, but the rain is welcomed and needed if we are to have a good black raspberry crop. For dinner, I made large lima beans with brown and red rice, ham pieces frozen in January, celery, yellow bell pepper, kale, parsley, dried onion, thyme, and pepper. It was perfect for this evening, and we will have leftovers for at least two more meals.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We ordered pizza and lasagna last night and had leftovers of both for supper tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.