What are You Cooking the Week of May 14, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of May 14, 2023?

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Sonny wanted a steak and baked potato so that's what we had.We've been buying chuck eye steaks and they are tender and very good and half the price of a rib eye these were $8.99 a lb. and were about 8 oz. each we shared one and had plenty with a big baked potato.And I love love love my new stove top!

BakerAunt
      Participant

I'm so glad the new stove top is working well for you, Joan. It's amazing how a simple task can become enjoyable with the right tool!

I make sourdough pan pizza once a month. Saturday dinner was my sourdough pizza with the usual toppings of sauce (made from cooked down can of Muir organic fire-roasted tomatoes and some garlic), Canadian bacon, lower-fat mozzarella diced, red bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, and green onion tops from the pot my husband grows. I grate Parmesan on top. To go with the pizza, my husband made a simple salad of mixed greens, spinach, cherry tomatoes, and carrots with Penzey's French Vinaigrette.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I made a small pork roast on the bbq grill. I had it with a little broccoli, a small salad and one of my failed rye rolls. The roast was real good.

IMG_1761

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          chocomouse
          Participant

Saturday night I made chicken-broccoli alfredo, with a made-from-scratch alfredo sauce.

BakerAunt
            Participant

The roast looks delicious, Len.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Yum, chocomouse

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.