What are you Cooking the week of March 15, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of March 15, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

Dinner was ziti with marinara sauce made from tomatoes in the freezer; and a green salad.

RiversideLen
      Participant

Today I had leftover pork and sweet potatoes. A nice easy meal.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made another batch of yogurt today.

chocomouse
          Participant

Egg salad on rye, for an evening of boiling maple sap at the sugarhouse.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I steamed a sausage cut in discs with a quarter head of cabbage,leftover rice and BBQ chicken in BBQ gravy.The sausage flavored the cabbage very well.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had hamburger steaks and onions with french fries.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had spaghetti with ground beef.

aaronatthedoublef
                  Participant

This week I made carnitas which we had in tacos two nights. I also made broccoli fried rice and then mixed in leftover carnitas one night.

I had four meals from carnitas and two from the fried rice. I think we're running low on rice. I can find basmati but might wife prefers jasmine. But she might have to eat basmati.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Rice is one of the staples everyone is grabbing off the shelves.

Saturday night’s dinner was pea soup, made with the last of the green split peas and some ham pieces from the freezer. I add chopped carrot and celery, and since my husband was eating it, 2 Tbs. dried onion rather than fresh. I season with ½ tsp. thyme and ¼ tsp. marjoram. We ate it with the Limpa rye bread. We should get another two meals from it.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Supper tonight was sirloin steak sandwiches, cooked and then sliced thin. I had mine on a Salty Rye roll, my wife had hers on Challah.

I also made a pan sauce using the butter and juices from cooking the steak, with some red wine vinegar, flour, Worchestershire and lemon juice. I used that, my wife used mustard on hers, with some Swiss cheese.

We also had some steamed broccoli and I had a bowl of cole slaw.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Dinner tonight was ham, cheddar, onion, pepper omelets with fresh made whole wheat English muffins.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight we had fried chicken breast which we split,sweet potato patties and a green salad.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I can't find rice. I have some in the house but not as much as I would like.

I made a pizza tonight, plain ground beef and cheese. I have some KAF Italian style flour that I need to use up, it's not my preferred pizza flour as it makes a softer crust. I used 25% each white whole wheat and semolina with the balance being the Italian style. It came out pretty good. I have enough dough for a repeat tomorrow.

pizza

Attachments:
                              You must be logged in to view attached files.
                              BakerAunt
                              Participant

Nice pizza, Len!

We are all going to get very good at using the variety of flours we have on hand during this challenging time.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I may have to slow down how much baking I do, not so much to conserve my flour but I'm running out of freezer space! Right now I've got Challah, semolina bread, honey wheat bread, several types of rolls, including the Finnish cinnamon rolls, and a number of rye breads in the freezer.

I'm packaging up most of the 10 pound tube of ground beef for the freezer in 12 ounce bags. (A pound of ground beef is more than we normally eat at one time unless I'm making something like a meat loaf.) Some of it will be pre-shaped as 3 ounce patties.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.