What are you Cooking the Week of March 13, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 13, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm doing a large pot roast for supper tonight, taking a portion of it to a friend who just had his replacement surgery. She'll have enough for a couple of meals.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We're having Brunswick Stew that I cooked yesterday.

chocomouse
        Participant

Last night we had chili and maple cornbread. For tonight, I'm simmering a tomato sauce will add sliced Italian sausage, onions, and green peppers, with a green salad from the sunroom.

Italiancook
          Participant

Yesterday, I made vegetable beef soup. This morning, I put 4 quarts of it into the freezer. For breakfast this morning, I made blueberry buttermilk pancakes.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Today we had hamburger steaks and fries.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We had leftover beef stew and rolls.

I also made yogurt today.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had left over pot roast and some of the chocolate chess pie.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had pizza pi with pepperoni, sausage, onion, red bell pepper and mushrooms.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Monday night we had quesidillas made with leftover taco meat, peppers, onions, salsa and cheddar. Now we have leftovers of those for lunch!

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I fried two pork chops then made gravy with onion put them back in gravy and baked them for awhile to tender,with this we're having stewed squash with onion and rice with buttermilk biscuits.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I tried a new recipe that I found at the Quaker Oats site: "Garden-Style Turkey Meatloaf with Oats."

https://www.quakeroats.com/cooking-and-recipes/garden-style-turkey-meatloaf-with-oats

My only changes were to delete the onion and replace the Italian seasoning with Penzey's Mural of Flavor, so that it works for my husband. Instead of using a loaf pan, I patted it into a flat 9x7-inch Emile Henry baking dish. We like the recipe a lot, and it is good to have an alternative to my zucchini meat loaf when zucchini is not in season.

As a side dish, I made the Ensalada de Quinoa from the Penzey's website, replacing the red onion with green onion. We have enough for another two nights

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

There was an article in the WSJ recently saying that lobsters have hit a record high, nearly $7 per pound straight off the boat.

That's impacting those who sell lobster dinners, even the historically low-priced lobster roll.

We went to a restaurant that opened last fall that we haven't been to yet that features lobster dishes. We shared a lobster pizza on a cauliflower crust ($18) and a lobster roll ($22). The pizza crust seemed really chewy, my jaws were getting tired. At that price, I hope they're making money. They were good, but seemed a bit short on lobster taste.

We also stopped by the Wahlburgers that opened in town recently and got some of their thin onion rings. Very good, but we both had indigestion well into the night. There was something like chives sprinkled on them, I think next time I'd ask they leave that off.

So tonight we went with fairly bland fare, Diane had a peanut butter sandwich and I had some tuna salad on bread.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had chargrilled chicken breast that I had marinated in Italian dressing,candied sweet potatoes and green butter beans.When I make the candied sweet potatoes I dice them small boil till soft then take them up in the dish.Then the water that's left I add a little pineapple juice,brown sugar dash or two of cinnamon and butter, boil this and add a slurry of cornstarch to thicken then pour back over potatoes and bake for 30-40 minutes.So good my husband had another helping tonight for his after supper snack before bed.

rottiedogs
                              Participant

Corned beef and cabbage with carrots is simmering on the stovetop as we speak. I made soda bread to go with it.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

We went grocery shopping today and boy everything is going up.So it was a hamburger on light bread and pork-n-beans,my husbands request.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.