What are you Cooking the week of June 7, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of June 7, 2020?

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Tonight I’m making a favorite - one pot sausage pasta from Two Peas and their Pod. It uses chicken sausage. This will be good for the next few nights. I start back to work at 7 tomorrow morning and am there until 5. Repeat on Saturday and Sunday 8-3. One way to jump back into the work force.

And, the contractor is coming Saturday to put in the new kitchen cabinets my landlord ordered since the old ones are falling apart. The contractor said he would wait til I went back to work and is working very hard to keep us safe. They will wear masks only be on the porch and in the kitchen and I think he’s planning to hang plastic barriers. It should only take 4 days, 5 at most. The countertops will be made when he’s done and has measured. We’ll have to pick them up in Jacksonville and then a friend and Will will install the counters.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Tonight, my husband is cooking. 🙂 We are having pan-cooked boneless pork, rotini and cheese that uses KAF's Vermont Cheese powder, and microwaved frozen peas.

I hope that the renovation goes smoothly, CWCdesign. Also, best wishes as you return to work.

chocomouse
        Participant

Egg salad sandwiches with garden lettuces.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Thanks BakerAunt your dinner sounds delicious. So does yours chocomouse.
            For me it was good to just have something warm

chocomouse
            Participant

Tonight we had chicken patties, potato salad, and green "deck" salad with tomatoes and herbs. I'd never made pickled onions, but made some today to change up the flavor of the potato salad (which is going to a graduation party tomorrow evening). I think I need to stir more of the tangy onion into the salad. But it is delicious, and I will be pickling onions regularly. They are so easy to do: 1 red onion, thinly sliced; put 1/2 cup each of water, red wine vinegar, and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil; put the onions in a glass (mason) jar and pour the solution over them. That's it! 30 minutes and you'll have tangy onions! Perfect for burgers or brats.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Those pickled onions sound very good, Chocomouse.

Dinner on Friday was stir-fry to use the leftover pork from last night’s dinner. I used carrots, celery, green onion, mushrooms, broccoli, and soba noodles. I would have liked a red bell pepper, but we had none in the house.

Italiancook
                Participant

I'm going to make a pot of carrot soup today for lunch. I'll try to interest hubby to make grilled hot dogs for dinner.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I'm going to juice some onions to start a batch of onion vinegar, I"m just hoping it doesn't smell up the basement.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I like the sound of those pickled onions too Chocomouse.

Tonight we had soup,sandwich and fresh baked apple pie,and my crusts were nice and flaky.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

Saturday I grilled burgers, Italian sausages, mushrooms, red bell pepper and zucchini.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.