What are you Cooking the Week of July 17, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 17, 2022?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

The past two nights I had pasta with meat sauce and a large salad. Will have the same tonight.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The plan for tonight is tacos. Possibly some sweet corn and melon.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight I pan fried a boneless chicken breast in a dab of butter when I flipped it I covered it with mushrooms and onions that I had cooked for 2 min in the microwave to soften them up covered it and cooked for about 3 or 4 minutes more and with that we had green beans and a baked potato.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made yogurt on Thursday.

For dinner, I made the Michiana Green Bean Salad again (have green beans, will use them), roasted some sweet potato chunks, and roasted some chicken thighs. I did the sweet potato chunks in the countertop convection oven at 350F for an hour. The lower temperature and longer roasting time made them soft and delicious.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Dinner was simple, I made a hamburger.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

It was 99 outside at 6PM tonight, too hot to fire up the grill for anything, so we had the last of this batch of sweet corn plus some salami and cantaloupe.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had salmon patties,cheese grits and coleslaw.

chocomouse
                  Participant

I made chicken kebobs with zucchini and onion, plus leftover broccoli salad and tortellini veggie salad.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Dinner on Friday was baby lima beans with brown rice, kale (from farmers market), red bell pepper (from our garden), celery, thyme, rehydrated onion, and ham. As always, I cooked the lima beans and the rice separately, then sautéed the vegetables and ham, before combining. The ham was left by my stepson, who left yesterday for California, and it needed to be used; otherwise, I would not have made this meal on a warmer day. We have enough leftovers for the next four days.

I also went to our woods with my husband in the morning and picked more wild blackberries. This year, we have picked about 5 quarts, so it is a great blackberry season, and the rain forecast for tomorrow should lengthen it. I seeded all the blackberries and made two batches of four jars of blackberry jam. I have enough seeded blackberries for an additional batch, although I only have three half-pint jars left. I have another 2/3 cup seeded blackberry, so I will need to find a use for it, and to decide if I want to continue picking blackberries.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Your jam sounds so good BakerAunt.

Tonight I browned a large chicken breast cut in strips ,then added some chopped onion in the pot with some water to cover -seasoning was salt,pepper and paprika.that was on the chicken before I browned it.When it was done I poured BBQ sauce over the chicken and some on the spots that was just broth to make a gravy.Covered this and cooked for about 30 -40 minutes.We had this over mashed potatoes and creamed corn on the side.

I went up the road from our house to small vegetable stand and got some pretty tomatoes,pickling cukes and very tiny small yellow squash.Looking forward to them cooked in a day or two.

We're getting rain and thunder storms too,not complaining about the rain because we need it.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had BLT's tonight.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.