What are you Cooking the Week of July 17, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 17, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We've got a fridge full of leftovers, so I don't plan to cook much today, and probably tomorrow.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had fried cubed pork, cooked cabbage and fried okra.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I cooked a pot of black-eyed peas today and froze two containers. I used another 15 oz. to make my Michiana Green Bean Salad, which uses black-eyed peas, along with cherry tomatoes, green onion, black olives, goat cheese, toasted almonds, and an excellent dressing. The salad used a pound of green beans from our garden. We had it with the rest of the buns and salmon patties.

kimbob
          Participant

Incubating yogurt this morning.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had fried chicken,rice and gravy,garden pea salad and sliced tomatoes.I baked a small one layer chocolate cake for dessert tonight.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had some more sweet corn (the ears are still pretty small, so we both had two ears) plus the last of the cantaloupe I bought a few days ago. I also had some leftovers.

BakerAunt
                Participant

For dinner on Monday, I made a doubled recipe of my Turkey and Zucchini Meatloaf with Peach-Dijon mustard. I roasted cut up small red potatoes, tossed in olive oil and seasoned with Penzey's Chicago Steak blend. We had the rest of the Michiana Bean salad with it.

kimbob
                  Participant

My friend gave me yellow string beans and they were so tender and delicious. Had baked salmon and cottage cheese that needed to be used up along with the beans.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had hamburger steaks and fries.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

We had leftover turkey-zucchini loaf for dinner on Tuesday. To go with it, I made a stir-fry with farro, yellow summer squash, red bell pepper from our garden, some mushrooms, and a bit of dill from our garden.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Tonight we had sweet corn, some cantaloupe and salami, and salami and tomato sandwiches. Very much the summertime menu.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

We had leftover zucchini-turkey loaf, leftover farro and yellow squash stir-fry, and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had meatloaf,leftover butter beans and fresh macaroni and cheese.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner Wednesday evening was a spinach tortellini salad with cucumbers, zucchini, summer squash, cherry tomatoes, orange sweet pepper, onion, black olives, feta cheese and Greek dressing, with steamed green and yellow beans from the deck planter, and some leftover boneless pork chops.

navlys
                                Participant

An odd combination of grilled shrimp, sweet melon and sausage on greens with dressing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.