What are you Cooking the Week of January 16, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 16, 2021?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Italiancook
    Participant

For lunch, I'm going to make Rise e Bisi, an Italian rice and pea "soup." It's too thick to be called soup; it's eaten with a fork. It's a first course, but I'm eating it as the whole meal -- after all, it's for lunch. I made this once before with regular peas and didn't like it. Today, I'm going to use Le Sueur peas. They're the only peas I like, so maybe they'll improve the flavor of this meal. If not, it's back to Forget forever. I'll put Romano cheese on top of each serving.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

No cooking here tonight,we went out for Mexican as we had our grocery shopping today.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made pea soup with ham for dinner on Thursday, a good recipe for cold weather with a bit of snow on the ground. We have enough for a few more meals.

chocomouse
          Participant

Tonight we had chicken thighs, roasted veggies, and whole kernal corn.

RiversideLen
            Participant

The other day I made a half dozen stuffed peppers and froze them. I pulled out 2 for tonight and tomorrow. I made a mushroom gravy and had it with asparagus. It was yummy.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Last night I made fried pork chops,stewed onion and squash with macaroni and cheese.Tonight I have a big pot of Brunswick Stew that'll last several days.We're having cold weather here,nothing like some of you get but we sure don't like it.

BakerAunt
                Participant

We end the week as we began it with a Saturday night dinner of Oven Crispy Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce and the rest of the coleslaw.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Probably leftovers here tonight, though we started out with me making a chocolate malt that we shared.

cwcdesign
                    Participant

On Friday, I made a stir fried vegetable noodle dish from a favorite website. It was the blandest dish I have made in a long time. The noodles were good, the veggies too but I was surprised at the lack of flavor. Last night we added frozen crisp chicken tenders which came out surprisingly well and added lots of lime juice, chopped peanuts, soy and some hot sauce. Much better. We have so much left over, I had thought about freezing it, but I might just pick out the veggies and toss the noodles. Not even going to try it again.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.