What are you Cooking the Week of February 4, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 4, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I have a big pot of vegetable beef soup on the stove, that'll be dinner for the next several days plus I expect to freeze over half of it.

The soup was great, best batch I've made in a long time. It did come out a bit too heavy on the veggie side, so I thinned it down with a quart of tomato juice.

BakerAunt
      Participant

We had leftover farro stir-fry for dinner on Wednesday. My husband likes it even better the second day.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I had a sloppy Joe and chicken veg soup.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I had flat bread pizza and fruit.

BakerAunt
            Participant

We finished the farro stir-fry with microwaved frozen peas.

chocomouse
              Participant

I made a big pot of venison stew for my husband to take to a pot luck, but held back a bowl for my dinner, and more for our dinner tomorrow night.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had cheese souffle with mushroom sauce, both recipes were modified to be keto-friendly, and the result was delicious.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I had baked chicken and a baked potato.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Dinner tonight was Salmon and Couscous with Greek Seasoning, accompanied by microwaved fresh broccoli.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We had kielbase with peppers and onions on fresh burger buns - we haven't had these for ages.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Leftover night here.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I had some leftover sloppy joe mix and some open packages of cheese that I wanted to use up so I made a pizza with it. Had steamed broccoli with it.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I like the variety of your pizzas, Len! You are an inspiration to all of us to expand our pizza horizons!

For Saturday's dinner, I made one of my favorite winter meals: Pork Loin Roast with Barley, Butternut Squash, and Kale. I had bought the roast from a local farmers' market vendor in the fall, but the vendor from whom I buy kale has not been coming. So, I waited until we went to the nearby town last Monday and bought organic kale at Kroger. I still have a supply of butternut squash. The roast was small, so we will not get more than an additional meal from it, but I can probably pair the barley, squash, and kale mixture with a different meat for a third or fourth meal.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I made a smash burger and chips

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Len, have you tried making a cauliflower pizza crust yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.