What are you Cooking the Week of February 4, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 4, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No real ideas for the week yet.

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

We enjoy a Hawaiin type pizza. I take a flatbread, spread a little pesto on top, then a little pizza sauce, cooked Italian sausage, slices of red pepper and pineapple and finally mozzarella cheese. If I was home I would sprinkle with KA pizza sprinkles. Oh then I bake it.

chocomouse
        Participant

Tonight we had Greek-style chicken thigh, carrots, and cauliflower salad.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We're planning pork tacos again tonight. I've got beef stock thawing for a batch of vegetable beef soup later this week.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I roasted a pork tenderloin, had some with rice and brussels sprouts and carrots.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight I had the rest of the beef and gravy over dry toast.

BakerAunt
                Participant

We had leftover beef stew and cornbread again.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I made Lentil Soup, never made it before but I liked it.
                    I washed a pound bag of lentils and soaked them while I sauteed half an onion,3 ribs of celery and 2 carrots. Then I added a can of diced tomatoes ( I accidentally opened one with like rotel ) but I like heat so I used it.Then I added the lentils and covered it all with water,added chicken bouillon , salt, pepper,a little cumin,minced garlic the squeeze kind,a little smoked paprika, thyme and Rosemary and about 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.It cooked in less than 2 hours.I was pleased.I googled a recipe and then just did what I thought I'd like.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Joan--lentil soups are a favorite of mine. Yours sounds good. You actually don't have to soak lentils, and they usually cook within an hour, although I am sure that your longer cooking time let the spices permeate.

We finished the beef stew and cornbread for Monday night's dinner.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

My wife doesn't like lentils, I don't know if that just means she hasn't had them prepared in a way that she'd like them or if that's another lost cause.

We had takeout fish and chips for supper tonight

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I had some more of the Lentil soup, sliced tomatoes and I pan fried a piece of cubed pork.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We're planning fish (orange roughy or salmon) and steamed broccoli.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had shrimp alfredo on farfalle with broccoli.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I'm a fan of lentil soup too but haven't made it in a while. I should have put some lentils in tonight's soup.

For tonight's dinner I made a pizza and chicken veggie soup.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I made clam chowder for lunch on Tuesday and for the rest of the week. It is a light version that comes from a Betty Crocker cookbook that I have had for over forty years.

For dinner, I made a stir-fry with farro cooked in frozen turkey broth, leftover roasted chicken breast, and carrots, celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, yellow squash, and a bit of thyme. We have enough for one or two more meals.

I also made yogurt today.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.