What are you Cooking the Week of February 20, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 20, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Chocomouse your egg muffins sounds very good.

We had chargrilled chicken that I marinated in Italian Dressing,thickened potatoes and green beans.The lemon supreme pound cake that I halved was very good.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We sort of had breakfast for dinner, my wife had a cheese omelet and I had oatmeal.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce, garlic toast and lettuce and tomato salad with mayonnaise stirred in.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made yogurt on Thursday.

For dinner, I roasted sweet potato chunks to go with leftover pork from last night. We also had microwaved frozen peas.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We also had spaghetti with meat sauce and cheese toast.

Italiancook
              Participant

I also had a salad with mayonnaise. Unfortunately, I didn't have lettuce. Because of the pandemic, I've taken to buying veggies and fruit from Sam's, because it comes in closed containers. Fewer germs from customers and staff, I tell myself. Last time, I ordered Romaine, mini-cucumbers, and 3 lbs. grape tomatoes. I had no idea how many grape tomatoes would be in the 3 lbs. We'll be eating tomatoes in our sleep! The Romaine wasn't in the order, so I made cucumber and tomato salad with mayonnaise. I had planned on making ranch dressing, but without the Romaine, I didn't make it. Tomorrow, we'll have cucumber and tomato salad with olive oil and red wine vinegar.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had linguine with broccoli and shrimp.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Tonight we had hamburger steaks that I smothered in golden mushroom gravy with sauteed onions,mashed potatoes and I heated a can of okra,corn and tomatoes.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I think we're going to start with some artichokes tonight and figure out if we need anything after that.

cwcdesign
                      Participant

Italiancook, if you’re looking for something different to do with the cherry tomatoes, they’re great either sautéed or roasted, sometimes called burst tomatoes.

Burgers, oven fried sweet potatoes and salad both last night and tonight.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Italian Cook--I've seen recipes for tomato tarts that use cherry tomatoes. It's one reason I asked my husband to include a cherry tomato plant in a pot in the upcoming garden. CWCdesign has a great idea as well. I like to toss mushrooms, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes in olive oil and roast them. Leftovers make good filling for omelets.

I roasted a chicken for dinner on Friday. I used the defatted drippings (I’m always surprised at how much of it is fat) with deglazing in the pan to make a small amount of gravy that I combined with sauteed mushrooms and spinach noodles. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

chocomouse
                          Participant

This morning I made raspberry ice cream! I know -- we have about 8 inches of fresh snow here, and it was -1* when I got up. But dear husband drew that from his "Treat Jar" slips. I used raspberries we grew and froze individually on trays, and raspberry cordial made from our berries also. I always add a tablespoon or two of some kind of liquor/alcohol to prevent the ice cream from freezing so hard you can't scoop it. I made the custard yesterday, so it was ready to freeze in the ice cream maker this morning, and now is firming up in the main freezer. I'm going to make cookies to go with it.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

Raspberry ice cream sounds delicious, Chocomouse. I only made ice cream once, blueberry. It was hard to scoop, I should have thrown in a shot or so of blueberry vodka.

On Thursday I made enough pizza dough for two pies. I had the first one yesterday with onion, green pepper, mushroom, a little spicey chicken sausage and a little mild pork sausage plus a little pepperoni. tonight's pizza will be the same sans mushrooms.

chocomouse
                              Participant

Dinner was chicken thighs, buttercup squash, and roasted root vegetables. We ate some of the raspberry ice cream - excellent flavor. The frozen whole berries crumble when you bite into them, so they are not too hard, but not mushy like when you start with fresh or thawed berries.

Len, you should try a coconut ice cream, I think it's a Ben and Jerry's recipe I use for that, I'm sure you can find it with a little help from Google. It uses canned cream of coconut. I use rum in that - super good!

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Dinner tonight was a stir fry with broccoli and red sweet peppers.

Earlier I got another batch of carrot vinegar started, it'll be percolating for the next 2-3 weeks. I strained this one more than the last one, I think the sediment was part of the reason it went bad so soon. I'll probably strain it at least once more while it vinegarizes and at the end, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.