What are you Cooking the Week of February 20, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 20, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I've got a small asparagus patch that came up in the front yard, though the one I planted was in the back yard and didn't survive. I'm not a big asparagus eater, and Diane doesn't care for it at all, so this is plenty for me.

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

I'm roasting a chicken today. Will have it with cabbage and noodles.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had Sloppy Joe's.Mine was on a bun my husband likes his open face on toasted light bread.

Italiancook
          Participant

This morning, I spent an hour, maybe longer, slicing and separating onions for caramelized onions for dinner. After I walked away, it occurred to me: I have a slicing disc for my food processor. I should have let it do the work. Live and learn.

For dinner, I cooked a sirloin steak to my dissatisfaction. I still haven't the knack for which number to use on my new electric stovetop. So I ended up with a steak that was crispy brown on both sides. I didn't like it, but my husband did. I baked potatoes and had mine with sour cream topped with caramelized onions.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Leftovers here, more or less.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Dinner on Monday was Salmon with Couscous and Penzey's Greek Seasoning, along with microwaved frozen mixed vegetables. We had pumpkin bread from the freezer for dessert.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Today we had baked chicken that was leftover I added BBQ sauce we had that with mashed potatoes and leftover green lima beans.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

I’m making tomato soup from the Barefoot Contessa to go with grilled cheese on freshly baked sourdough

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I spent all day working on a software issue for my former employer (I still consult for them), and it's only about 1/3 done, so we would up doing takeout because I was too darned worn out and frustrated.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had pan fried pork chops,steamed squash with lots of onion and potato salad.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Today I made egg muffins for the first time. I sauteed onions, red pepper, celery, carrots in olive oil, and browned some hot sausage. I got shredded sharp cheddar from the fridge. I whipped up a dozen eggs. Then I layered the ingredients into well-sprayed muffins tins: about 1 teaspoon of sauteed veggies, a teaspoon of sausage, a generous teaspoon of cheese. I poured the eggs over the top, filling the tins almost to the very top (the recipe said no more than 3/4 full; I was afraid they might overflow and make a mess in the oven, but they just puffed up nicely). This made 12 egg muffins. I baked them at 350 for 18 minutes. Delicious! Next time, I will check them at 16 minutes; I prefer my eggs a little on the wet side. My husband will grab and go with a couple of these on his way to the sugar orchard in the coming weeks.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had creamed tuna on biscuits, on this cold cold day.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, my husband skillet-cooked boneless pork ribs, which we had with leftover red potatoes from a few days ago and microwaved fresh broccoli.

chocomouse
                              Participant

We had burgers and fries. Grass-fed, local beef was excellent, and we plan to order more of it. Guess they're not going to get much grass starting tomorrow night -- our forecast is for 8-12 inches of snow into Friday.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Grass-fed cattle eat dried hay and other grasses in the winter, often silage, which is harvested green and allowed to ferment, which unlocks additional nutrients similar to how sprouted grains work. What they don't eat are corn and soy meals.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.