What are you Cooking the Week of December 3, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 3, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I'm going to have chicken meatballs with pasta, roasted mushrooms and brocoli.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had stewed squash, cucumber salad , corn on the cob,sliced tomatoes and cheese.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had tacos/taco salad.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Will made onion soup and a chicken and kale Caesar salad

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had a NY strip steak with pasta and broccoli.

Earlier today I made stock from some of my Thanksgiving turkey bones. I needed up with about 5 cups of stock. I still have more bones in the freezer.

BakerAunt
              Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I used the leftover pork and drippings for a stir-fry with farro, carrots, celery, the last red bell pepper from our garden, mushrooms, dehydrated onion, and thyme.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Venison chili and a hotdog.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

When we shopped on Tuesday, the local grocery store had packages of large chunks of ham, so we bought one, and I used half of it tonight in black-eyed peas with mixed brown and red rice, celery, kale, dehydrated onion, and thyme. We have enough for two more meals. I froze the rest of the ham chunks for a future meal of either pea soup or lima beans.

chocomouse
                    Participant

I cooked our turkey breast remains and carcass with veggies for soup. Most of the meat I made into turkey salad with celery and onions for sandwiches on rye bread that I pulled from the freezer. A perfect meal for an evening with the temp at 20* and going down.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had steak, mushrooms and baked potato.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

On this Friday morning, I cut up the apples, mixed them with the spices and sugars, and started the crockpot for the apple butter recipe that Mike made, and to which he posted a link. I'm making a half recipe because I have a 3 1/2-qt. Montgomery Wards crockpot. I had planned to do it overnight, but I decided that I want to keep an eye on the crockpot, since the recipe may have been written with newer ones in mind.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had a rotisserie chicken, and I'm using the remains to make stock this evening.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Well, the apples cooked for 10 hours. I pureed them with my stick blender. After two more hours with the lid off, the apple butter has not yet reached a thick enough consistency. I am going to give it another half hour, and then I will put it into a covered container in the refrigerator. I can cook it down more tomorrow, then decide if I will can some of it.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

I wound up cooking mine for about 18 hours total, but it was pretty thick after 12. (I kept adjusting the spice mix, and each time I added spices I cooked it some more.) In the end it was probably a little too thick.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I had BBQ, Caesar salad and cucumber salad.Mostly leftovers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.