What are you Cooking the Week of December 27, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 27, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I think we're still in leftover mode here, how about you?

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Left overs here too,I had a meatloaf sandwich,husband had ham sandwich and soup.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We are in leftover mode for one more night.

cwcdesign
          Participant

Leftovers here as well.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I made a pot of pea soup with ham for dinner on Monday night. It should last us a couple more days.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Tonight we made Ina’s quick tomato soup and multi-cheese paninis with roasted peppers and bacon on Will’S sourdough it was just right.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had chili out of the freezer and I made cornbread.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made a pork roast tonight and had it with rice and frozen mixed veggies.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Last night we had fried cubed pork, rice and gravy, mustard greens, deviled eggs and cornbread.

Tonight we're having corned beef out of the can with a onion gravy over mashed potatoes and creamed corn.

kimbob
                      Participant

Had popcorn shrimp and coleslaw for dinner.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We have leftover potato-leek soup, vegetable beef soup and chicken noodle soup (the latter two from the freezer), so it'll be a soup supper here, possibly with some salad. (We picked the 3rd set of salads from our Aerogarden last night, so it'll be a few days before it is ready for another harvest, but there's still lettuce in the fridge.)

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Mike your lettuce garden looked nice!

We had a chef salad tonight,lettuce,cheese,egg,onion,green olives,tomato,ham and turkey.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I wasn't sure if I should put this entry in baking or cooking, but as it was the main course, I'll put it with the dinner discussions.

I made “Spaghetti Squash and Parmesan Cheese Quiche,” a recipe from Ken Haedrich’s The Harvest Baker (p. 189), for dinner on New Year’s Eve, because I needed to use up a small spaghetti squash. I had tried this recipe several years ago and the 9 ½-inch tart pan was not large enough, and I had overflow. Part of that may have been too much spaghetti squash. This time, I used an Emile Henry 14x6-inch rectangular tart dish that is two inches deep. I decided to do a ¾ recipe of my oil crust, replacing the whole wheat pastry flour portion with white rye that I need to use. When I was putting the egg mixture in, I realized that I should have made a full recipe of crust, so I reserved the rest of the filling, and I’ll scramble it for lunch tomorrow. Had I done the full recipe of crust, it would have fit. My husband often looks askance at quiche, but he ate and liked it. I substituted 1% milk and a bit of leftover evaporated milk for the half and half and heavy cream, and the quiche turned out fine. I used some low-fat mozzarella sprinkled on top.

We had it with some microwaved frozen peas and some of the leftover herbed cheese pretzel buns.

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I decided to end the old year with one of Nature's perfect foods, I made a pizza. Thin sliced onions, a few green olives and some thin slices of leftover pork roast. I made the sauce from some tomato sauce from my garden that I had in the freezer.

kimbob
                                Participant

Making our traditional lasagna for January 1st.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.