What are you Cooking the Week of December 27, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 27, 2020?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I've got a sliced ham marinating in Dr. Pepper, I'll bake it for supper.

I've got some basil in the Aerogarden that I need to trim a bit and then do something with, I may plan to make some pizza sauce over the weekend and chop some up to add to the sauce. I haven't baked a pizza since our virtual pizza party, though I have done lavash pizza several times.

Either later today or tomorrow I plan to make caramel apple empanadas.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had roast beef and gravy from the freezer had that over mashed potatoes and black eyed peas.I had bought some frozen sliced peaches for a cobbler but after defrosting they are hard and not much flavor so I'm cooking them a little before I make the cobbler.

BakerAunt
        Participant

My husband roasted a turkey. I made the Pepperidge Farm Blue Bag dressing. Our meal also includes microwaved frozen vegetables, homemade applesauce, and cranberry-cardamom relish for me. We had slices of Pumpkin Rye bread (with Land o' Lakes canola-butter spread), and dessert is a cherry pie with streusel top.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I made a stir fry using leftover pork, onion, carrots, frozen green beans and mushrooms. Had it over brown rice.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I made pizza crust this morning and I had pizza,hubby fixed for himself..cereal.

RiversideLen
              Participant

BA, your turkey dinner sounds delicious!

I braised a couple of chicken thighs in pizza sauce and then shredded them and put them on pizza along with some green pepper and a little onion.

navlys
                Participant

I like the chicken thighs on pizza idea. I marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs in a little rasberry dressing, soy sauce, brown sugar and soy sauce, s&p. Basically looked in the fridge and pulled out what I thought would work. I roasted the whole shebang in the oven with cherry tomatoes and sprayed with a little oil and "Magnifique".

ps I love the EVO oil sprayer.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by navlys.
                  Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I bought a set of the EVO oil sprayers (the smaller ones) a few years ago, I use one for vegetable oil and the other for water. They've both worked better than any other sprayers I've bought.

Over the last several years I've gone from using pure canola oil to using corn oil to using a blend of canola and safflower oil.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.