What are you Cooking the Week of August 1, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 1, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

July went so fast this year!

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had a nice thick ham steak with pineapple for supper, I had some steamed cauliflower, my wife had some lettuce.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I baked a sirloin tip roast today,browned it then put in oven for 3 and a half hours with 2 cans of golden mushroom soup and a package of lipton onion soup mix.with that we had rice,sliced tomatoes and green butter beans.I had enough roast and gravy for 4 more meals in the freezer.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I'm thinking I might buy an electric slicer so I can get more even slices, especially good when you want thin slices for Italian Beef. I've looked at a couple online, they get mediocre reviews because they tend to have plastic gears and other load-bearing parts in them that can break. (I went through that problem with stick blenders.)

cwcdesign
            Participant

Last night I made a sheet pan dinner with chicken sausage with gouda in it, cauliflower, red pepper and onion. I tossed everything with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, a nice Mediterranean herb blend a friend had given me, S&P. It was nice and light - perfect for this heat.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Today I fried a boneless chicken breast,macaroni and cheese and white acre peas.

RiversideLen
                Participant

Yesterday I made burgers and Italian sausage on the grill. Leftovers for tonight.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Dinner tonight was grilled boneless pork chops, potatoes roasted on the grill, and steamed summer squash and zucchini.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Tomato and salami sandwiches for dinner here.

Janiebakes
                      Participant

Took a little breather from sewing and made beef stew and served it over fresh baked cornbread. What a winner! Even my two year old granddaughter loved it. Thanks Joan for such a yummy idea.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Janiebakes I'm glad ya'll liked the stew over corn bread.One of our favorites.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Monday night dinner was salmon and couscous with Penzey's Greek seasoning and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

cwcdesign
                            Participant

Will was planning to grill hamburgers, but with the torrential rains, he had to change plans. Based on what was quickly available he made a different sheet pan, his version of arroz con pollo using chicken sausage and he made brown rice.

That means from both dinners we have enough for leftovers tonight.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

The chicken I was going to roast had not thawed completely, so dinner on Tuesday was salmon patties, leftover brown and wild rice, and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

chocomouse
                                Participant

I made chicken fajitas and fried cabbage. It's my first time ever cooking or eating fried cabbage! I very much dislike cooked cabbage, but I have 6 huge heads of it (some I will give away). I liked it cooked this way! As did my husband. My only complaint is that is has a lot more fat (bacon and butter) than I usually eat, so hoping my tummy doesn't rebel. Next time, I will cut back on the bacon (but hopefully retain all the flavor) and cut the butter in half.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.