What are you Cooking the Week of April 7, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 7, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had beef stroganoff on cauliflower rice, tasty and 10 carbs/serving.

BakerAunt
      Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I made my Turkey, Spinach, and Mushroom Lasagna. I used a cup of leftover turkey gravy in place of the cup of broth, ¼ cup of whole wheat flour, and 1 Tbs. of olive oil that I usually combine with a cup of milk to make the sauce. I still added the cup of milk, as well as 2 Tbs. of whole wheat flour. It worked ok, but the added fat in the gravy meant that the noodles were slightly chewy, I still had gravy left over, so I froze it for some future meal. We have enough lasagna for two more meals, which is good because we will be getting home again tomorrow right about dinner time, so an easily microwaved meal is perfect.

chocomouse
        Participant

Tonight I cooked a large chicken breast, sliced in half horizontally, with roasted green beans and mashed squashed from the freezer. I plan to make chicken salad with the leftover breast meat.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

A chef salad with chicken and lots of blue cheese, crackers, peaches and cottage cheese.

Y'all we got 12 inches of rain in our county,roads are washed out it's a mess.Thankful where I am is alright but many people are stuck at home and driveways are washed out.Thankful we're not suppose to get anymore rain for about a week.Dirt roads looked like rivers moving swift. Never saw it here like this.

chocomouse
            Participant

Glad to know your road(s) is not washed out and you can get around, Joan. Your dinners are always sounding good to me! I had a dish of Greek yogurt with frozen blueberries stirred in.

cwcdesign
              Participant

I'm sorry to hear about your flooding, Joan. That was some storm! The thunder and the heavy rain kept waking me up last night - it continued until around lunchtime. There was probably coastal flooding but we were OK with some big puddles.

On Tuesday night I tried another duh from the Washington post - rigatoni with a puréed broccoli sauce. I t was OK - we both liked the pasta better than the sauce - it was Rao's that was on sale at the supermarket. I won't be making it again.

I made Chicken Juniper for Will's birthday dinner tonight. We had it with jasmine rice and green beans. And we have leftovers for tomorrow.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had more of the beef stroganoff on cauliflower rice, and a small bowl of 4 bean salad (not low-carb but OK as an occasional side dish).

BakerAunt
                  Participant

We had some of the Turkey, Spinach, and Mushroom Lasagna after getting home shortly after 6 p.m. from Fort Wayne on Thursday. It rained most of the day, but we were fortunate that it was light overall, with just some heavier rain as we neared home. Many rivers are high, with water spilled over into their floodplains, and some low parts of farmland are flooded.

Joan--I'm glad that you are safe and away from the flooding. I hope that your roads dry out soon.

navlys
                    Participant

I had to make a dish for our German wine theme night. I made slow cooker sweet and sour green beans with bacon. It was pretty good but I placed my dish at the end of the buffet table and peoples plates were already full at that point. Live, laugh and learn!

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I'm glad you're safe, Joan. That kind of weather is very frustrating.

I don't have a name for what I made last night. I browned a pound of ground beef with some sliced celery and a small diced potato (I had a potato that I wanted to use up). Then I added a can of corn and a can of Amy's vegetarian chili and a little white wine and simmered it for a few minutes. It's good but could use a little more liquid, a small can of tomato would have gone good in it but I only have large cans in the house. I have enough left for several more meals.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I keep tomato paste in a tube on hand in the fridge for dishes that need some tomato flavoring but not a big can of it. Sometime even just a tablespoon or two of ketchup is enough.

My wife always called dishes like your a concoction. These days I think of them as a "Chopped" special. 🙂

chocomouse
                          Participant

Dinner tonight was brats with sauteed red peppers and onions on buns I made the other day.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

For dinner on Friday, I made coleslaw this afternoon, and in the evening, I made Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce.

Navlys--I would have made room on my plate for your offering! It sounds delicious.

Len--Some of the best meals are spur of the moment dishes brought on by leftovers to use up or sometimes picking up interesting ingredients at the farmers market or grocery. Like Mike, I keep a tube of tomato paste in the refrigerator, and it makes a great difference in my beef stew or my beans and greens.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had the mozzarella crust pizzas again, with mushroom and pepperoni but no tomato slices, they get too sloppy. I bought some 6" silicone cake pans to make them in, a lot easier getting them out of the pan and cleaning up! I probably need to set them on a paper towel to drain off the grease, though.

I had a small salad to go with it, under 20 carbs for the whole meal and very satisfying.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I had a Healthy Choice sweet sesame chicken dinner and cottage cheese and peaches.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.