What are you Cooking the Week of April 23, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 23, 2023?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had a chicken from Sams tonight.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I roasted potato chunks tossed in olive oil to have with the remaining chicken thighs for Friday dinner. I sprinkled some Chicago Steak Seasoning on my warm chunks since I could not roast them with spices in deference to my husband. We also had microwaved frozen lima beans.

chocomouse
        Participant

Our dinner tonight was haddock and asparagus, both done in the Breville Oven-Air Fryer, and cole slaw.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Dinner on Saturday was stir-fry made from farro cooked in turkey broth and combined with browned ground turkey, carrots, celery, yellow bell pepper, mushrooms, and napa cabbage. I used too much broth when cooking the farro, so the stir-fry was too wet. I knew that I had about a half cup too much broth, but I did not want it getting forgotten in the refrigerator. If my mind had not been on other serious matters, I would have increased the dry farro by ¼ cup.

chocomouse
            Participant

Saturday dinner here was ham, cheddar, and veggie omelets with English muffins.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

Burgers on the grill again, I'm getting my grill timings figured out again. I'll need to make more buns before the next round of burgers.

I'm also making stock from the bones from our rotisserie chicken the other day. I might make another chicken pot pie using that stock, the two I made recently were both really good and went fast.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made roasted salmon and a veggie stir fry. I microplaned a garlic clove and some fresh ginger and rubbed it on the salmon. It was a little too much garlic, will reduce that next time. The stir fry was a little celery, carrot, brussels sprouts, broccoli and mushrooms.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.