What are you Cooking the Week of April 23, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 23, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Anything interesting going on the table tonight? Naah, not here, either.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

We will have leftover sourdough pan pizza and salad that includes lettuce from our garden.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had BLT.

RiversideLen
          Participant

Last night I had the same thing I had the night before, chicken veg soup and a pork chop.

navlys
            Participant

Our neighbor filled our refrigerator with fruit, milk and lunch meats . She included a box of cereal for breakfast tomorrow and ordered Chinese takeout for dinner which we all enjoyed. Of course she included a bottle of wine. After our 2 day 18 hour trip home we really appreciated it.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

T-bone steak on the grill tonight, with a baked potato and some steamed broccoli.

BakerAunt
                Participant

What a great neighbor you have, Navlys! Welcome back from Florida.

We had leftover black-eyed pea with ham and brown rice for our Monday dinner.

I made yogurt this morning and dropped the yogurt maker. It still works, but it has slight cracks in the upper part of the body and the top of the lid. As long as the yogurt continues to come out well, I will keep using it.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made stuffed peppers yesterday.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made a mushroom, spinach omelet for breakfast, delicious!

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We're having BLT's tonight.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I cooked one of our regular dinners on Tuesday: roasted chicken thighs, roasted sweet potato chunks, and microwaved fresh broccoli. I made enough chicken for two more meals.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I had a stuffed pepper, mashed potato, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had burgers on the grill tonight. I'm enjoying the start of grilling season.

navlys
                              Participant

I made a rubbed pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and corn. What I discovered is that it is better to bake the tenderloin at 350 instead of 400. I dislike overcooked pork and like it somewhat pink in the middle. I take it out at 140 or so and let it rest bringing it to 145. Depending on the weight I tend to check the meat after 20 minutes. IMHO!

chocomouse
                                Participant

I'm back from Michigan and not really into cooking/baking yet! So I made pizza for dinner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.