What are you Cooking the Week of April 16, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 16, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

8-9 hours to think up something for supper :sigh:

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

We had fall off the bone bb ribs with baked beans, coleslaw and leftover chicken wings!

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce from the freezer and garlic toast.

Love the baby back ribs Navlys sounds great.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had mac and cheese

chocomouse
            Participant

We had salads for supper - seafood, broccoli, and orzo with tuna, celery, onions, green pepper, carrots and Italian dressing. After 3 days of temperatures around 87 degrees, the 77* today was perfect for starting to clean up the rock garden, enjoy a margarita on the deck, and have salads ready to eat.

BakerAunt
              Participant

After several days with highs in the low 80s, yesterday brought cooler temperatures, and it was 32F when we got up this morning. We are supposed to have freezing temperatures tonight and tomorrow. That calls for a winter meal, so on Monday I made my Pork Loin Roast with Barley, Butternut Squash, and Kale. I had been wanting to make this meal for the last few weeks, using a roast that I bought a couple of months ago from the meat vendor at our farmers' market. However, I had to wait until last week when we did our shopping trip to the next town to get the kale, then I had to wait for cold weather, which I knew would be back.

I had one last very large squash that came from our garden last fall just before the freeze. It was from the seed that was in with the honey nut squashes but clearly did not belong there, as these squashes had large leaves and produced large fruit. This one was 15-inches long, mostly with a bulb at the bottom and long neck. It had not fully ripened when my husband picked it before the frost, but it sat on the enclosed sun porch and finished up nicely. Its taste is excellent. My husband decided to save some seed from it and will plant one, just to see if we can get an equivalent batch of large squashes. Of course, this seed would have hybridized with the honey nuts.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I made a small pot of lima bean soup with leftover lima beans and rice.I had some chicken stock (gel) from a baked chicken so I put that in a pot with a ripe chopped tomato I needed to use with 2 ribs of celery,one carrot and about a half cup of onion and some water.,when that was done I added in the beans and rice.One of my husbands favorite soups but he only ate about a cupful.He isn't eating hardly anything or drinking either.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I'm so sorry, Joan. Hugs and prayers.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Dinner tonight was grilled chicken thighs, wild rice, broccoli, and leftover orzo salad.

navlys
                      Participant

Time to clean out the freezer and fridge. I sautéed shrimp with pineapple and sausage. I added broccoli and served over rice. With a little spice addition here and there it was pretty tasty.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I had a hamburger on light bread and my husband had cereal.Thanks Bakeraunt for the prayers.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I made my husband a hamburger steak and baked potato, I had a potato and sandwich.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I hope he ate well, Joan.

This is the first night all week I haven't had a work crisis hit around suppertime, so I finally got my T-bone steak on the grill, though it was a little cold out there, high 40's. I paired that with a baked potato and some sauteed mushrooms.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had chargrilled chicken,thickened potatoes and stewed squash.My husband hardly ate anything.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

On Saturday, I cut the rest of the ham away from the bone and froze it. I then cooked a package of black-eyed peas with the ham bone. I sauteed yellow bell pepper and celery in avocado oil, then added the black-eyed peas and any additional meat that had come off the bone. I mixed in minced parsley, and some brown rice, and added 1 tsp. thyme and some black pepper. It's a simple but delicious dinner, and we have enough for two more nights.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.