What are You Baking the Week of April 19, 2020?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of April 19, 2020?

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I wonder if it's including some Word formatting code that's confusing the anti-spam filter?

I wonder if you can save it to your log, change it to text-only and then do a copy/paste from that? You're the only one this seems to be happening to, which suggest it is something you're doing differently from others.

chocomouse
      Participant

Kimbob, I've been thinking about the obc a lot lately, and yes, a lifetime. I think it was early 1990s, maybe even late 1980s? I'm using my stay-at-home time these days to clean out and downsize. I'm sorting through a ton of old favorite recipes, and looking through the entire collection of Baking Sheets. What fun! Thinking "remember when a bunch of us bought the same cookbooks and we all made the same recipes...." And I have photos of some of the goodies we made on a thumb drive somewhere around here. That lasted quite a few months! I'm not tossing out too many recipes, though!

skeptic7
        Participant

I did a basic cheese pizza yesterday with mozzarella and chedder cheese. It was very good.

I was looking for Pain au Chocolat recipes on the Internet today. I remember these as a brioche like bun with a stick of chocolate in the center. Most of the recipes I see are for chocolate croissants, which aren't the same thing.

I don't know if any of you read Anime Fanfiction, but I want to recommend one where the main character finds that he is not a genius baker. His first bread is a dismal flop, and so are the next several attempts. The POV character is a deadly genius ninja from a village that actively trains ninja and sends them on dangerous missions.
          https://archiveofourown.org/works/17401478/chapters/40958717

BakerAunt
          Participant

KAF has a pain au chocolat recipe, Skeptic. There is even a wholegrain version. They are not croissants. I've baked the first one a couple of times. I have the wholegrain one set aside to try, as I think that I can substitute oil for butter. I do have chocolate bars to use.

Chocomouse--I just brought my binders of The Baking Sheet into the house. I don't have the first ones, but I subscribed long enough to have three binders of the pamphlet ones and two binders of the glossy one--right up until KAF ended it.

aaronatthedoublef
            Participant

My starter is on day 7 and bubbling some. I wonder if I should have done it in something other than a glass jar. Also it's just www and water. I wonder if some sugar would have helped. Deb Wink uses pineapple juice which is good for adjusting pH but it also adds sugar which cannot hurt.

Not sure what I will bake today. I may start some cinnamon rolls for tomorrow.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

A non-reactive container like glass or ceramic is best for a starter.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

This post should cause things to go wonky.

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)
                • The topic ‘What are You Baking the Week of April 19, 2020?’ is closed to new replies.