Virtual Pizza Party–Saturday, May 16th!

Home Forums Member News Virtual Pizza Party–Saturday, May 16th!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Let's pick a date and time for a virtual pizza party, maybe late next week or over that weekend? (That'd give everyone time to make and age some dough, get ingredients, etc. I think I'm out of mozzarella cheese, for example.)

I'll start researching the hosting options. My wife is fairly familiar with zoom these days.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

Oh, this will be fun!

Italiancook
        Participant

I have to pass. I don't own a laptop or a computer with a camera. I've asked my sister twice to walk me through how to use the camera on my phone, but she's always busy helping grandchildren with school work. I can't imagine how people who work from home do that plus the massive school work. My sister has also sent me Facebook and You Tube links that I can't open. But I'll look forward to reports from the pizza party. I'm just too low tech.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

You may be able to watch and listen despite not having a camera.

My wife (who works with Zoom at UNL) says a free home account has a limit of about 10 people and around 45 minutes. There are other options.

skeptic7
            Participant

Thursday is not a good night for me, but any other day will work. I'm using an extra Windows laptop for video conferences. My old favorite Macintosh is too old to work well with any modern software.

Italiancook; Perhaps you should look into getting a computer. A used laptop would be cheap.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I'm thinking this coming Friday or Saturday, say, 6:30-7:00 PM Central time. Sunday is Mother's Day, maybe Friday would be the better choice?

BakerAunt
                Participant

Either day would work for me. That time would also work.

chocomouse
                  Participant

That time is good for me, and either Friday or Saturday works.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I can't join the party either,computer has no camera and my phone is an old flip phone,it has a camera that I don't know how to use,yep we're way behind...but ya'll have fun!

aaronatthedoublef
                      Participant

Let me check with the Boss. Sunday is usually pizza night but maybe we can switch it up. But I usually don't have much time for a party. 😉

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Where are we in the planning stage for the Virtual Pizza Party?

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Still talking about it, and I haven't had time to research the options yet, either. Let's push it to next weekend.

Does Saturday, May 16th, work for people? What time? (I think most of us are on central or eastern time.)

aaronatthedoublef
                            Participant

The limits on Zoom kick in when using video (which we want to use). That said I have a paid Zoom account that should work.

My concern is that during pizza night I am not much fun at a party. But my wife is charming and my kids can be entertaining when they are not fighting.

I'm just trying to keep up... 🙂

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Saturday, May 16 would work for me. I'm on Eastern time, so whatever we work out will be fine.

As we don't have Wi-Fi, the computer connections won't reach into the kitchen. I'll have to look into whether I can position it toward the raised dining room area. If not, we can always set up a card table here in the central living area in front of the laptop's camera.

Aaron--would it help if we scheduled the main event toward the end of your pizza baking endeavors? I'm assuming that at some point they do let you get a bite....

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I hear you on that, if I'm cooking or baking for guests, I'm focused on the kitchen, not them. But pizza for 2 means just one pie (unless I do a dessert pizza too), so not as much effort, the real challenge may be scaling recipes down so I don't wind up with 2/3 of the dough in the freezer, a lot of extra sauce, etc. I think I'm out of whole-milk mozzarella, which means a trip across town, assuming they still have it.

I was sort of figuring I'd plan to have the pizza ready to cut at the start of the party. Anyone making multiple pizzas is going to have to figure out the timing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.