Virtual Pizza Party–Saturday, May 16th!

Home Forums Member News Virtual Pizza Party–Saturday, May 16th!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    aaronatthedoublef
    Participant

I do eat but usually while I'm making pizza. My boys (the girls do not eat meatzza) actually reserve half the meatzza for me. They each take a quarter to make sure there is some for their dad. When the last two pizzas are in the oven I start to break things down and clean up. So I do not usually sit during pizza night but we can figure something out.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

Aaron, can we find a time to test your zoom account?

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

Sure. Let me check on our weekend plans.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I tried to join a Zoom meeting for a local county group on Saturday and was unable to do so. I'm not sure if the issue was on my side or theirs. I had no other contact information and so gave up. I did get a preview screen of me and realized that the lighting in here makes me look ghastly.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The test for the virtual pizza party went well, so I've asked Aaron to post a link everyone can use on Saturday at 6:30 PM CT.

If your computer doesn't have a camera or you have bandwidth issues, you can always join us audio-only. That should even work for many cell phones.

Don't worry if the computer doesn't reach the kitchen, set it up so we can see you and your finished pizzas on the table.

chocomouse
              Participant

Ooops -- just seeing that is Central Time! OK. Glad I saw that.

aaronatthedoublef
                Participant

Meant to post this sooner.

Here is the invitation:

Topic: My Nebraska Kitchen Virtual Pizza Party
                  Time: May 16, 2020 06:30 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
                  Zoom link to Pizza Party

Meeting ID: 861 0615 3668
                  Password: 092412
                  One tap mobile
                  +13126266799,,86106153668#,,1#,092412# US (Chicago)
                  +16468769923,,86106153668#,,1#,092412# US (New York)

Dial by your location
                  +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
                  +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
                  +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
                  +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
                  +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
                  +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
                  +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
                  Meeting ID: 861 0615 3668
                  Password: 092412
                  Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbagPRTlXZ

aaronatthedoublef
                  Participant

Rather than edit it again - there is usually a waiting room but I've turned that off to make it easier. Of course that makes it easier to ZoomBomb us. Should be fun. It was fun to chat with Mike after all these years.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

I'm a little confused as to how this works. I'll be coming in on a computer. Do I click the link then put in the meeting ID and password?

Do I still need the phone number if I use the computer? If so, although I am closer to Chicago than New York, my part of Indiana is on Eastern time, like New York. So, would I use the New York number?

aaronatthedoublef
                      Participant

If you click the link it should take you to the meeting. The password and meeting ID are built into the link.

You can dial-in or use computer audio. In my house I have better performance if I call in on my phone. You can use any telephone number you like. Your time zone does not matter. For example, I booked the meeting using a computer which is set to central time from our house in CT on eastern time.

There does not appear to be a local number for Indiana.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Most cell phone plans no longer pay attention to whether a call is 'local' or not.

My wife uses Zoom a lot these days, if you've got bandwidth issues, just turn off the camera.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

My wife has requested pizza bread in addition to a pizza on Saturday, so I've started a levain so I can make baguette dough in the morning.

I may do one thin crust pizza and one double crust stuffed pizza, something I haven't done in a long time but is REALLY good. I'd need to get some ricotta and some spinach for the bottom layer. And some good pepperoni if I can find it. (The brand we've been using for the past several years has changed its formula and now includes garlic, haven't found another one we liked yet, most are too strong.)

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I was tempted to make my thin-crust pizza but decided to stick with the sourdough pan pizza. We have no ground turkey, and the store here does not sell a kind we like, if they even have it, which they usually do not. So, I'm going to use Canadian bacon. I made the tomato sauce today. I'll have mushrooms on it, mozzarella, and Parmesan. I plan to put black olives and green onion on my half.

I'm debating if I want to get adventurous and try a completely sourdough crust (no yeast) with an overnight levain and a long rise the next day.

Italiancook
                              Participant

I wish y'all happy pizza baking and a really fun party. It's fun to hear of your preparations and plans. I'll look forward to the reports. Mike I'd never before heard of a double crust pizza.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

It's a Chicago thing, even more decadent than pan pizza.

Divide the dough into 2 parts, one of them using 2/3 of the dough.

Take a deep pan (a deep cast iron skillet works well), line it with the larger piece of dough all the way to the rim, put in sauce, cheese and other toppings, cover that with the smaller piece of dough, poke some vent holes, then put on more sauce, toppings and cheese.

I like to put ricotta cheese and spinach in the lower layer of sauce.

Bake until the top edges are well done. Let cool before slicing. One slice is usually plenty, even our sons had trouble getting through a full second slice as teenagers.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.