Thu. Oct 1st, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 2,650 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 28, 2024? #42493
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I made my usual burger/sandwich buns but I divided the dough in half and made 4 buns and a dozen dinner rolls. I used 33 grams of dough for each dinner roll. I baked them in a cupcake pan. While I baked the buns at 375 degrees for 14 minutes, I baked the dinner rolls at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. I temped them at 10 minutes and they were perfect (205 degrees which is what my buns come out as).

      rolls2

      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 21, 2024? #42492
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        That's a fine looking cheesecake.

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 21, 2024? #42469
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          I found a recipe on youtube for one pot, 3 ingredient, mac and cheese. You cook the mac in milk and then add the cheese and that's it. (it's 2 - 3 cups of milk, 8 ounces of mac and one cup of shredded cheese). I made a half recipe. It came out pretty good but was a little thick, next time I'll use more milk. I had it with a pork loin sandwich and brussels sprouts and carrots.

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 21, 2024? #42448
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            I made tostadas with leftover pork tenderloin. Had it with mashed potato and broccoli and carrot.

            in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 21, 2024? #42447
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              I made a batch of buns.

              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 21, 2024? #42439
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                I fired up the BBQ for the first time this year and made pork tenderloin. Had it with brown rice (Minute Rice, cooks in 10 minutes), baked beans, fresh green beans and carrots (cooked with a slice of chopped up bacon).

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 14, 2024? #42423
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I made some pasta sauce (celery, onion, carrot, tomato and ground beef) and had it with spaghetti.

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 14, 2024? #42416
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    Yesterday I made a pizza with leftover pork roast and onion. I had enough left over for today's breakfast and have some left for tomorrow's.

                    Tonight I had left over pork roast, pasta and kale.

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 14, 2024? #42407
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      I made a Smithfield pre seasoned pork loin roast. I roasted it with potatoes and carrots. It came out pretty good.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 7, 2024? #42379
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        I had pork chops, brussle sprouts, and leftover mashed potato.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 7, 2024? #42374
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          I usually have a couple of cans of tomato paste on hand. If I don't use the whole can I'll use a small cookie scoop to portion the remaining into a plastic container and then freeze it.

                          Last night I had leftovers with mashed potatoes. For the potatoes, I simmered them in milk rather than water, I had a container of milk that I wanted to use up (I don't drink milk, I just use it for cooking/baking). Cooking potatoes in milk presents a couple of challenges, you have to watch it like a hawk to prevent spill overs and it can scorch the bottom of the pot. On the plus side, they taste better. I seasoned it with a pat of butter, parmesan cheese and black pepper.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 7, 2024? #42363
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            I'm glad you're safe, Joan. That kind of weather is very frustrating.

                            I don't have a name for what I made last night. I browned a pound of ground beef with some sliced celery and a small diced potato (I had a potato that I wanted to use up). Then I added a can of corn and a can of Amy's vegetarian chili and a little white wine and simmered it for a few minutes. It's good but could use a little more liquid, a small can of tomato would have gone good in it but I only have large cans in the house. I have enough left for several more meals.

                            in reply to: Expiration Dates #42362
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              I open the package and take 3 cookies. Close up the package and eat the cookies. Open the package again and take 2 cookies, close up the package and then eat the cookies. Open the package again ...................

                              And then there are none.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 31, 2024? #42305
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                I made pork chops and gravy, had it with broccoli and pasta.

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 24, 2024? #42300
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  Italiancook, I'm glad I jogged your memory. My loaf consisted of one can of salmon, I removed as much of the skin and bones as I could, some finely chopped onion, celery and red bell pepper, an egg and some bread crumbs. I was actually going to make salmon patties but after I mixed it, I didn't think it would hold together good enough so I made it a loaf.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 2,650 total)