Thu. Oct 1st, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 2,650 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 12, 2024? #42654
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I just pulled out a batch of 9 burger/sandwich buns from the oven. I will be using one of them for tonight's dinner.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 12, 2024? #42629
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        Last night I made Mexican style, a combination plate. A taco, enchiladas, tostada, rice and beans. For the filling I sauteed some bell and jalapeno pepper, onion, tomato and pork tenderloin. The sauce was mole from a jar. All in all, not bad.

        Mexican-Style

        Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 12, 2024? #42619
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          Yesterday I made pork tenderloin on the BBQ. Had it with broccoli, baked beans and couscous. For tonight's dinner I had some leftover rotisserie chicken and brussels sprouts and carrots and a little pasta.

          in reply to: Where I Have Been #42599
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            BA, I'm glad that's behind you now. Wishing your husband a full and speedy recovery.

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 5, 2024? #42583
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              Joan, congratulations to your granddaughter, have a great time!

              Last night I made a pork loin roast, mashed potatoes and broccoli.

              in reply to: WSJ: Is Candy healthier than Spinach? #42571
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                I don't know which is healthier but I know which one tastes better. But it depends on application, you wouldn't want a chocolate omelet, would you?

                in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 5, 2024? #42570
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  Navlys, when I make Noel Nut Balls, which are essentially the same as Mexican Wedding Cookies, I roll the dough out into a rectangle. Then I take a chefs knife (I think a pizza cutter would work nicely) and cut squares and then I roll out each one in my hands to form a little orb. I found I prefer this method over scooping the dough as it is a little stiff.

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 28, 2024? #42562
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    I made a bbq style pizza. I had some leftover bbq pork tenderloin which I used as a topping. For the sauce I diluted some tomato paste with water to get the right consistency and then added a little bbq sauce. Also had some diced bell pepper. For the cheese I had an open package of Mac & Cheese blend (it's sharp cheddar, American and Swiss) and some mozzarella in the freezer. So, I used up some odds and ends. I over sauced it but it still came out pretty good and I had enough left for Sunday's breakfast.

                    bbq-pizza

                    It's not the most attractive pizza I've ever made but I wanted to try out posting the pic in actual size.

                    Attachments:
                    You must be logged in to view attached files.
                    in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 28, 2024? #42561
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      I made a batch of sandwich/burger buns except I only made 6 and made a pizza with the remaining dough.

                      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 28, 2024? #42542
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        That pie looks great, Joan, I'm sure it's delicious!

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 28, 2024? #42539
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          I made pork tenderloin on the bbq grill, 3 ingredient macaroni and cheese, and brussels sprouts.

                          Going to try a larger photo size 🙂

                          bbq

                          It's not a huge file size but larger than I've normally posted.

                          Attachments:
                          You must be logged in to view attached files.
                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 28, 2024? #42520
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            I made pasta with meat sauce and fresh green beans.

                            in reply to: Posting photos to My Nebraska Kitchen #42516
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              On an iPhone, you can use the edit button and then the crop button to crop out any unnecessary background. That will make the file size smaller (but probably not small enough). When I use the iPhone I email the pic to myself (use the little box with the arrow pointing up), I select myself as the person I'm sending it to, then a box will come up giving me the option to select a different size, for example the original image is 1.9 mg, options will be small 26 KB, medium 78 KB etc. I usually select medium.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 28, 2024? #42506
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                Joan and BA, both your dinners sound like heaven!

                                I'm making a burger with mashed taters and brussels sprouts and carrot.

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 28, 2024? #42499
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  I had pasta and chicken meatballs (the last from the freezer, time to start thinking about making more) and kale.

                                  This morning I made breakfast sliders, egg with cheddar, turkey breakfast sausage, strawberry jam on toasted dinner rolls.

                                  sliders

                                  They're a little darker in the pic than they actually were.

                                  Attachments:
                                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 2,650 total)