Wed. Sep 30th, 2026

cwcdesign

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,561 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: When You Can’t Fit a Dough Sheeter into Your Kitchen.… #36261
    cwcdesign
    Participant

      Glad to hear your new well is in progress, BA.

      Hopefully, my windows should be here soon - my contractor was given a firm date of mid-September.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 28, 2022? #36260
      cwcdesign
      Participant

        Joan, when you roast beets they have more flavor and are easier to peel than boiled ones. They are actually less messy and easier too. Basically, you cut most of the greens off, put them in a baking pan with a little bit of water, put foil on top and bake low (I think 325º-350º - I can't find my recipe from the Victory Garden Cookbook - for about an hour - if a sharp knife slides in easily, they're done. We always just peeled them under cold water - the skins slip off.

        Beets are something I've always loved, my stepfather used to grow them. But, learning to roast them was a game changer.

        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 28, 2022? #36223
        cwcdesign
        Participant

          We needed same KAF AP, it was $6.99 at HT and $4.49 at Target - neither store had any today. But they both had bread and WWW. Harris Teeter also carries the organic types (up to $8 per bag)

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 28, 2022? #36198
          cwcdesign
          Participant

            We had takeout pizza -unusual for us - it’s Harris Teeter’s special on Mondays

            in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 28, 2022? #36186
            cwcdesign
            Participant

              No baking for me today, but Will made sourdough biscuits and will be making sourdough bread later today or tomorrow.

              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 28, 2022? #36185
              cwcdesign
              Participant

                It's way too hot and muggy here to start thinking about fall cooking 🙂

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of August 21, 2022? #36174
                cwcdesign
                Participant

                  I made Greek chicken meatballs baked on a sheet pan with yellow squash, leek and kalamata olives. With it we had a tomato/cucumber salad and orzo. It was a nice light dinner from the Washington Post newsletter, Eat Voraciously.

                  in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 21, 2022? #36111
                  cwcdesign
                  Participant

                    The peach coffee cake is delicious! It’s definitely a keeper - the cake was tender and the streusel nice and crispy. I can see making it it with other fruits - blueberries, apples etc.

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the week of August 21, 2022? #36110
                    cwcdesign
                    Participant

                      On Sunday, Will had leftovers and I made my Mediterranean white bean and tuna salad with avocado (they we’re on sale) and spinach. Last night I had leftovers and he had tuna, Carolina rice and peas. He’s made a huge pasta salad for dinner tonight and I’m looking forward to it - extra long day at work.

                      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 14, 2022? #36084
                      cwcdesign
                      Participant

                        Will has been making tortillas (I missed them while he was gone) He found a video on YouTube with a woman who was making them traditionally. He rolls them out on our kitchen counter - flour all over the counter - with my long French-style rolling pin. He cooks them on the Baking Steel. He has gotten quite good at it.

                        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 21, 2022? #36083
                        cwcdesign
                        Participant

                          I made a peach coffee cake from Southern Living. A friend had given me 3 very ripe (read almost overripe) peaches that I needed to use. It looks good, but we haven't cut into it yet.

                          The recipe called for heavy cream but I only had half & half so I hope it's OK.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 14, 2022? #36057
                          cwcdesign
                          Participant

                            Will is back and is making dinner tonight. Baked chicken tenders (no propane yet for grilling) with marinade made with Sassy Mustard (a Georgia Grown Co. that I picked up at the Atlanta Market for the store) and rosemary; Carolina Gold Rice - my rep from Marsh Hen Mill gave me samples of the Carolina Gold Rice and Rice Middlins which are cooked like grits; and sautéed broccoli.

                            It's nice to have him back after a long day at work.

                            in reply to: 2022 Garden Plans #36027
                            cwcdesign
                            Participant

                              I was talking to a local landscaper on Monday - even she has given up trying to grow tomatoes down here!

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 14, 2022? #36010
                              cwcdesign
                              Participant

                                I made linguini with an olive oil garlic sauce and it came out very well. Leftovers tomorrow. I had some cherry tomatoes with it.

                                I have not been feeling like cooking much lately

                                in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 14, 2022? #36005
                                cwcdesign
                                Participant

                                  Love the cartoon BA - your flatbread sounds delicious!

                                  Joan, glad you enjoyed your pie, AND that it has a place to go so you’re not tempted. I hoped you enjoyed your visit with your niece.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,561 total)