What are you Cooking the Week of September 5, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 5, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

It may be leftover night here.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

I have a lasagna in the oven, made with fresh tomato sauce. And a salad with lettuce and veggies from the garden. I'll look in the freezer for rolls.

BakerAunt
        Participant

After yesterday's kitchen fest, it is definitely leftovers on Sunday!

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I picked up BBQ sandwiches from a local fast food place and made fries to go with it.Easy day for me.

RiversideLen
            Participant

On Sunday I had my brother over and made pork loin roast on the BBQ. I seasoned it on Saturday with a little celery seed, Hawaiian smoked salt and Gateway to the North (both from The Spice House, Gateway is a blend of maple sugar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, garlic, onion and green onion). It turned out real good and am looking forward to tonight's leftovers.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had pan fried cubed pork,leftover candied sweet potatoes and creamed corn,and I made a cheesecake for dessert.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I made salmon patties for dinner on Monday to go with sweet corn and a salad of mixed greens with the leftover Michiana Bean Salad on top of it.

chocomouse
                  Participant

I made a big pot of tomato soup (the Watts Tea Room recipe posted by jej on the obc) and corn bread. The rest of the soup will go into the freezer for chilly fall evenings.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had tacos tonight.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I made mashed potatoes on Tuesday—a special request from Sarah—which we had with gravy I made from last week’s chicken, leftover salmon patties, microwaved fresh broccoli, and homemade applesauce from the freezer.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Tonight we had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

For Wednesday dinner, I made Lentils and Vegetables Chicken Soup.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had stew beef over corn bread.

kimbob
                              Participant

Made pizza dough (shaboom's) for pizza tomorrow night.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

I picked two large bowls of tomatoes today (would have been more if I had picked them a few days ago, quite a few were overripe), now I just need to find the energy to process them, I should be able to get 3 or 4 quarts of tomato juice.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.