What are you Cooking the Week of August 22, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 22, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Tonight's dinner will be a standing prime rib roast. My husband and the dog will be happy!

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Yum Kimbob I'd be happy too!

Tonight we had Beef stew on top of corn bread.

BakerAunt
        Participant

We are alternating these days between two kinds of leftovers, which is good because temperature have hit the low 90s with humidity.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had salmon, summer squash, and tomatoes for dinner. And a later snack of a brownie with raspberry ganache.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Between my wife's shoulder, our dying/dead SubZeros and the heat, we're doing a lot of take-out right now.

cwcdesign
              Participant

I made Mediterranean tuna salad with canellini beans and lemon vinaigrette. Will flew up to Boston today so I have my house to myself for a week or so.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I had pork sandwiches and cauliflower.

Janiebakes
                  Participant

Mediterranean Tuna Salad is a favorite at our house. Yum! Yesterday was a day of long drives, grandchild care and car repairs so we treated ourselves to take out pizza. Tonight will be Kim Chi fried rice so we can use up the kim chi before heading out of town next week.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had smoked pork chop, rice and tomato gravy, lima beans, corn bread and fresh peach cobbler.

chocomouse
                      Participant

I had a tomato-lettuce sandwich on Frank Sands (KAF) white bread, but made with half whole wheat. My husband had the same, but with bacon. It was 97* today, our 3rd day above 90, with 72% humidity, and still no heat pump for air conditioning. Weather is supposed to change and be only in the mid-80s tomorrow.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I'm having leftover pork roast with pasta.

navlys
                          Participant

I made Eating Well's sheet-pan shrimp fried rice. I marinated the shrimp in a little oil and garlic salt first. The dish includes veggies so it's a one pan meal. It was very good on first go round. Not as great reheated the next day.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

That is disappointing about the sheet pan, Navlys, since part of the point of a sheet pan meal is to have leftovers worth eating!

We finished our leftovers, so I needed a new meal for Friday dinner. It is still horribly hot and humid, so I made salmon and couscous with Penzey’s Greek seasoning, which we had with microwaved fresh broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had char grilled chicken breast that I marinated in Italian dressing,macaroni salad,pickled beets,and leftover peas with snaps.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

I forgot to add that I cooked a pound of dry great northern beans on Friday after soaking them overnight. I reserved a drained cup of them in the refrigerator for a salad I plan to make tomorrow and froze two 1-cup containers and one 1 lb.-container (these with the broth) for later use.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.