What are you Cooking the Week of August 22, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 22, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I've got some sirloin steak to work with tonight, I may just have steak and mushrooms.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

It will be leftover soup for our Sunday dinner, although I baked crackers to go with it.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had sausage,eggs,rice and grilled toast on this rainy day.Not complaining for so many people have had awful flooding from the storms.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

I read about a town west of Nashville that had 17 inches of rain on Saturday, believed to be a state record. Flooding has claimed multiple lives.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Steak and mushrooms sound great!

I put a pork roast on the BBQ tonight. Had it with rice and cauliflower and carrots.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I marinated boneless chicken breasts in Italian dressing,char grilled them on iron griddle,fresh peas and macaroni and cheese,had some pears ripening so I cooked them some and have a pear cobbler in the oven.

BakerAunt
                Participant

I made yogurt on Monday.

Dinner on Monday was a NYT recipe, Skillet Chicken Thighs with Broccoli and Orzo. I adapt it by using more olive oil instead of butter, omitting the lemon, and finishing it for 25 minutes in the oven at 425F. My changes, except for the olive oil, were those recommended by cooks who reviewed the recipe after trying it.
                  Oh, yes, I also add the garlic much later so that it does not burn.

chocomouse
                  Participant

BLTs for dinner. Tomatoes are small but flavorful. I cut the lettuce in a gentle rain, remnant of Henri. And the only effect we've had from Henri - no winds, no downpour, just a much needed 4 hour rain shower.

I'm going to search for that skillet chicken recipe, BakerAunt. Sounds good.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had takeout fried chicken tonight.

Janiebakes
                      Participant

Fried chicken is one of the few things I buy instead of making. All that oil and splatter is just too much and even the grocery store fried chicken is good. Today I made yogurt. Many yellow squash and a type of slender white eggplant from the garden. I planned to bake it with italian style tomato sauce but wanted to skip that step where you slice, salt and drain. I cut up the veggies and mixed them with a can of tomato paste and italian seasoning. Covered the pan with foil and baked at 350 for about half an hour. Mixing everything together combined the released water with the tomato paste to a really good thickness. Topped with fresh mozzarella and back in the oven for a bit. I will be using this trick again.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We have never owned a deep fryer and pan frying is incredibly messy, so the only time we have fried chicken is when we buy takeout. We prefer Popeyes over the other national brands and Lincoln's 'home town' brand, Lee's.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

With squash, eggplant and tomatoes, ratatouille would be my choice.

Don't know if it was the official high, but I saw 100 on accuweather around 5PM today here.

I've got a bunch of things in the SubZero freezer I need to either use, throw, or find space for somewhere else, and most of the 'somewhere elses' are getting pretty full. I should know tomorrow when they'll be out to pull out the SubZeros, but I don't know yet when we'll be able to get replacements, the pair we're looking at is apparently in fairly short supply.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made tomato sauce again today. Saved some for the next few days and froze the rest.

Tonight's dinner was leftover pork roast, pasta and a salad.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Tonight I pan fried some cubed pork,candied sweet potatoes and green beans,cobbler for dessert.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Dinner tonight was ribs, corn on the cob, marinated cucumbers, and sliced tomatoes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.