What are You Baking the Week of August 29,2021?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are You Baking the Week of August 29,2021?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

Great loaves, Chocomouse!

BakerAunt
      Participant

On Thursday, I finally baked my Rye and Barley Crispbread, using the two new Vollrath baking sheets (see Extra Large Sheet Pan thread at Nebraska Kitchen) that I bought earlier this summer. I was able to roll the dough to 30x50 cm (a bit tight on the 50cm), and the brown baking parchment I bought from Rye Bakers was almost a perfect fit for the pan. (Of course, now that company no longer sells to individual bakers.) I discovered that my Knackebrod rolling pin docked the dough perfectly. With the new pans, I had to decrease baking time from 30 to 25 minutes, as these pans are not as thick as my regular baking sheets.

BakerAunt
        Participant

On Friday, I baked the Lemon Ricotta Cookies again, but I messed up the amount of flour. They are flatter than usual. I need to re-type the recipe so that it is clear. Fortunately, they still taste great and the texture is fine.

I made dough for WWSD Cheese Crackers. I am trying to get ahead on crackers, as we will be having visitors over the next two weeks.

Friday’s final baking project was the KABC Favorite Fudge Birthday Cake, which I baked this evening. I will not be using the chocolate ganache, as my stepdaughter arrives for a weeklong visit tomorrow, and for her it is the white chocolate cream cheese frosting that makes the cake her favorite. I once used a recipe for a chocolate butter cake but moved to this one to cut at least some saturated fat (plenty in the frosting!). I bake it whenever she visits, just as I would do for her birthday. This time, her birthday actually is tomorrow, so that makes it doubly special.

chocomouse
          Participant

I have hot dog buns rising, sausage with peppers and onions on the menu for next week.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I'm going to make two small Texas Sheet Cakes today, to celebrate my birthday.

cwcdesign
              Participant

Happy Birthday, Mike!

RiversideLen
                Participant

Happy Birthday, Mike!

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Happy Birthday, Mike! Today is also my stepdaughter's birthday, and she flew into Chicago and was picked up by her dad at the airport, so she is here. I am about to start the White Chocolate Cream Cheese frosting for her cake.

Saturday morning, I baked my variation on Ellen's Buns recipe as sixteen rolls (10x10-inch pan).

chocomouse
                    Participant

Some birthdays are worth two cakes!! Enjoy, and Happy Birthday.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Happy Birthday Mike and thank you for this site.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Well, the 8x8 is for today and the 10x10 is for our anniversary on the 17th. (This will be #49 for us.) I just need to figure out where I have space in a freezer.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.