Fri. Oct 9th, 2026

cwcdesign

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,568 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of January 19, 2025? #45322
    cwcdesign
    Participant

      BA - I would choose snow as well. After I posted the pictures of my backyard, my sister asked if the weather made me miss the Northeast. I said, no- I miss it in the summer when it's hot and humid!
      Below is the camellia bending low

      IMG_5048

      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of January 19, 2025? #45313
      cwcdesign
      Participant

        Joan didn't get the ice storm but we did! The news said that Glynn County got hit the hardest. I will post a pic of our camellia tree tomorrow. We were without power from 5 yesterday morning until 10:15 this morning. Had to shower at a friends house before work. It was cold! And remember I'm from New England. We had so many layers and so many blankets but managed to stay warm enough. Our neighbors have a small generator and offered let us plug in an extension cord (I have 2 exterior ones we used). We were able to use the tea kettle and the toaster oven which really helped. Thank goodness for my hot water bottle! To top it all off - next week is going to be in the 60's! It will feel like a heat wave😂

        Will cooked our leftover chicken soup on the grill using the baking steel to make it easier.

        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of January 5, 2025? #45179
        cwcdesign
        Participant

          Joan, I'm sorry to hear about your friend - sending healing prayers.

          Also Joan, if you think we're cold, you really don't want to fly to Chicago to have pie with Len right now - it's way cooler there ☃️

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of January 5, 2025? #45178
          cwcdesign
          Participant

            We had the Italian Wedding soup tonight and it was really good. Will came home with a cold so I'm glad I had chicken soup for him. I had two minor issues - one I didn't dice my carrots and celery enough - they were supposed to be ¼ inch and mine were bigger so they took longer to cook down. The other is that the recipe called for tiny pasta, tubitini or stars and the smallest I could find was ditalini which cooked up bigger than I'd like - both are easy fixes and we have plenty of soup, might even need to freeze some.

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of January 5, 2025? #45165
            cwcdesign
            Participant

              The temperature is supposed to be 34 (feeling like 26) by the time I get up in the morning - it was high 60's today. The cold weather is supposed to be here pretty much through next week. And, Will comes home tomorrow, so yesterday I made stock from the rotisserie chicken I bought last week and a batch of steel cut oats for breakfasts. Today, I prepped meatballs and vegetables for Ina's Italian Wedding Soup that I'll put together tomorrow afternoon after we get home - I'm picking him up at the airport and then we're going to Trader Joe's which we always try to do when we're in Jacksonville.

              I took a PTO day for tomorrow and I'm glad I did as I didn't realize how exhausted I was from the last two weeks until I stopped.

              in reply to: Merry Christmas! #45086
              cwcdesign
              Participant

                Happy Boxing Day everyone! We had a quiet couple of days and went to friends' house for brunch on Christmas - very nice. Leftover charcuterie for dinner last night and then again tonight with tomato soup. That was great after a busy day at work.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of December 22, 2024? #45068
                cwcdesign
                Participant

                  We had charcuterie (assorted meats & cheeses) with some roasted balsamic mini peppers, roasted olives with whipped feta, I also made crostinis. We will be able to nosh on this for a couple of days. My manager joined us tonight - Will had picked up her dog from doggy day care as it closed earlier than we did, but we were able to leave shortly after 5.

                  We've been invited to brunch tomorrow morning which will be nice.

                  Merry Christmas to All!

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of December 15, 2024? #44992
                  cwcdesign
                  Participant

                    Happy Birthday to Diane! I hope she enjoys her pie.

                    in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of December 8, 2024? #44969
                    cwcdesign
                    Participant

                      The picture of the Meyer Lemon cake I meant to send

                      IMG_5003

                      Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of December 8, 2024? #44956
                      cwcdesign
                      Participant

                        I made my Meyer lemon bundt cake tonight after work. Well, I put it together and baked it tonight. Last night I zested the lemon and combined it with the sugar; then I squeezed the lemon juice and put it in the fridge. This morning I set out all the ingredients I needed for the cake, so when I got home I was ready. It came out beautifully! I will take a picture in the morning before I wrap it.

                        in reply to: refrigerator issues again #44922
                        cwcdesign
                        Participant

                          Sorry to hear bout your freezer Mike. I too hope it's an easy repair. We went through our fridge and freezer after the power outage with the hurricane - we also had stuff that should have been tossed out before. A hazard of freezers

                          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of December 8, 2024? #44921
                          cwcdesign
                          Participant

                            I'm going to make the Crystalized Meyer Lemon Bundt Cake from Claire Saffitz this week for our garden club bake sale on Saturday. I plan to organize all the ingredients ahead of time and bake it on Thursday night for drop off on Friday morning. I got 4 large Meyer lemons from a friend and then my neighbor dropped off a bunch yesterday.

                            Last year I had made two rum cakes, one gluten-free, but there were so many others I decided to do something different.

                            in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of December 1, 2024? #44840
                            cwcdesign
                            Participant

                              Enjoy your vacation BA!
                              That's a bummer. Obviously I didn't read the recipe. By the title I just assumed it had no butter, like an olive oil cake, duh. I mean, that's why you look for olive oil baked good recipes

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of December 1, 2024? #44829
                              cwcdesign
                              Participant

                                The chili had a nice flavor but we both agreed it wasn't worth the effort to make it again. I'm glad I finally tried it - I threw the recipe away 😂

                                in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of December 1, 2024? #44828
                                cwcdesign
                                Participant
                                Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 1,568 total)