What are you Cooking the Week of December 4, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 4, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

My, November went fast, and Christmas will be upon us soon.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Breakfast for supper here...Sausage, eggs, grits and toast.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For dinner on Sunday, we had Salmon and Couscous with Greek Seasoning, along with a salad featuring lettuce from the farmers' market and cherry tomatoes from our potted plant on the porch. The plant has two more green tomatoes and recently developed a flower. My husband had cut back most of it, but he is waiting to see what the flower does. We used homemade Ranch dressing that uses the Penzey's blend.

chocomouse
          Participant

We had pasta and sauce with sausage, peppers, onions. And rye-semolina rolls.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had chili and cinnamon rolls.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had fried cubed pork,macaroni and cheese and peas and okra from the freezer.

chocomouse
                Participant

Our dinner tonight was grilled pork chops, the last of the risotto with broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. I halved the sprouts, drizzled them with a tablespoon of olive oil and a tablespoon of maple syrup, and topped them with 3 slices of chopped up raw bacon. Roasted at 400* for 21 minutes. My husband loves them - and doesn't eat Brussels sprouts!! Who wouldn't love these -- maple and bacon!!

BakerAunt
                  Participant

For dinner on Monday, I made Lima Beans with Ham, Brown Rice, and Kale (also celery, the last of the red bell peppers, dehydrated onion, and sage). I made yogurt on Monday as well.

cwcdesign
                    Participant

I made a sheet pan dinner with chicken sausage, sweet potato, broccoli and red onion with olive oil and Penzey's Now Curry for the seasoning. I had some cranberry sauce with it instead of chutney. As Will is out of town I have dinner for a couple of more nights.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We wound up having some of the chili a bit later than we had originally planned. The BBGA had an online event this evening that we participated in, a honey tasting organized by the National Honey Board with five different varieties of honey. It was very interesting and there were several of the honeys that I had never tasted: avocado and tupelo. I'd had orange blossom honey, buckwheat honey is fairly easy to find around here, and I have sampled alfalfa honey in the past.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

We had leftover pulled pork BBQ,fresh baked beans and a baked sweet potato.I made brownies for dessert.

Tupelo honey is very good ,never crystallizes much more expensive , I get this honey when I visit my niece in Monticello,Fla from a local fruit stand.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

The tupelo honey was one my wife wasn't fond of. I may have to find a local source for alfalfa honey for her, though, as she really liked it.

chocomouse
                            Participant

On Tuesday, our dinner was spaghetti squash stuffed with typical taco fillings.

My husband is a self-proclaimed honey expert! Tupelo one of his favorites.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken breast, thickened potatoes and fried okra.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.