Mon. Sep 28th, 2026

chocomouse

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 2,758 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 20, 2021? #30372
    chocomouse
    Participant

      We had baked haddock, fries in the Breville oven air-fry mode, and a green salad.

      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 20, 2021? #30371
      chocomouse
      Participant

        I almost bought that book, BakerAunt. A good brownie might push me over that edge! I enjoy her blog and newsletter, and the foods she recommends are mostly already staples in my diet.

        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 20, 2021? #30359
        chocomouse
        Participant

          Joan, I thought I commented on your peach cobbler post; guess I wrote it but never submitted it? I love peaches, and have added them to my grocery list for shopping tomorrow. However, I'm going to double your recipe - otherwise, it won't be enough for us!! It sounds delicious and quick.

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 20, 2021? #30352
          chocomouse
          Participant

            DH ate leftover 7 Layer Mexican salad, and I had a mixed greens salad with tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, cukes, lots of herbs snipped on the deck, and pomegranite balsamic. We just had a wicked storm go through here, with more to pass through in the next 2 hours. It was 94* at 4:00, down to 70* now, and only in the 60s tomorrow.

            in reply to: No Knead Bread article on Eater.com #30343
            chocomouse
            Participant

              Aaron, you should be able to reach it if you just google eater.com, I think.

              https://www.eater.com/22537151/who-invented-no-knead-bread-recipe

              • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by chocomouse.
              in reply to: 2021 Garden plans #30325
              chocomouse
              Participant

                I learned in the Master Gardener course years ago that tomatoes (and peppers) set fruit only when the nighttime temps stay between 55 - 75, and daytimes temps below 90. I remember a year when the temps were quite warm every night for most of a week, and I lost a lot of blossoms.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 13, 2021? #30313
                chocomouse
                Participant

                  Today we hosted our two children and grandchildren for lunch and chat - first time we've seen any of them since Christmas Eve in 2019. I made a 7 Layer Mexican Salad, baked beans, and a berry trifle, and others brought pasta salad, cole slaw, and pulled pork. It was wonderful to see everyone again - they all live within a 45 minute drive of here, and with 3 kids in college and 2 with teaching jobs, I realized how much of their growing up we've missed in those 18 months. The 7 layer salad recipe came from thekitchenismy playground and was excellent; I would make it again.

                  • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by chocomouse.
                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 13, 2021? #30298
                  chocomouse
                  Participant

                    We had brats, roasted potatoes, and the last of the asparagus from the garden.

                    in reply to: Birthday Wishes for Cass (Kid Pizza) #30256
                    chocomouse
                    Participant

                      Happy Birthday, Kid Pizza!! I'm looking forward to another year with you sharing your baking wisdom with all of us.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 13, 2021? #30252
                      chocomouse
                      Participant

                        Our dinner was grilled chicken thighs, leftover potato salad, and a green salad.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 6, 2021? #30227
                        chocomouse
                        Participant

                          We grilled boneless pork chops, with potato salad and asparagus.

                          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 6, 2021? #30222
                          chocomouse
                          Participant

                            I think you could rightfully, legally, say that is not the LA Times recipe, but a recipe by BakerAunt!!

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 6, 2021? #30218
                            chocomouse
                            Participant

                              Today I made Puddingwiches, which I used to make frequently during the summer when my children were young. I used chocolate graham crackers and instant chocolate fudge pudding. Let the pudding set up for about an hour (or less) and then spread a thick glob on graham cracker halves and top with the other halves. Freeze for several hours. You'll need to take them out of the freezer 4-5 minutes before you want to eat them, so they soften enough that you don't break any teeth! It makes about a dozen. Use regular grahams and your favorite pudding flavor. You could even make the pudding from scratch, but who wants to do that on a 90* summer day!

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 6, 2021? #30210
                              chocomouse
                              Participant

                                I had leftover steak and salad. Husband went to a potluck, with a pasta salad made from everything left in the vegetable drawer.

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 6, 2021? #30202
                                chocomouse
                                Participant

                                  We had grilled strip steaks, potatoes roasted on the grill with Penzey's Pasta Sprinkles, asparagus, and a green salad. It's good to be home and cooking again. And it is raining, a gentle drizzle for the past 2-3 hours, although severe storms are in the forecast.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,411 through 1,425 (of 2,758 total)