No Knead Bread article on Eater.com

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls No Knead Bread article on Eater.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

This is an interesting read about the origins of no-knead bread!

Spread the word
      S_Wirth
      Participant

Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing, chocomouse!

aaronatthedoublef
        Participant

For some reason I cannot see the link.

chocomouse
          Participant

Aaron, you should be able to reach it if you just google eater.com, I think.

https://www.eater.com/22537151/who-invented-no-knead-bread-recipe

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by chocomouse.
            aaronatthedoublef
            Participant

Thanks. I found the article. Pretty interesting but this happens a lot across all industries. I've seen it in tech numerous times in my life. In his first book Lahey says that what he is doing is his spin on techniques he learned while studying sculpture in Italy.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

No-knead techniques were probably around long before the middle 20th century, but the NY Times article was well-written, and well-publicized. Timing and who you know is always important.

Remember, Leibniz and Newton both came up with calculus, but Newton got most of the credit.

BakerAunt
                Participant

J. Kenji Lopez-Alt has now revised Lahey's no-knead bread recipe, although I have not looked to see what the differences are.

aaronatthedoublef
                  Participant

Was listening to a podcast that covered the Oreo v Hydrox battle and Hydrox was the original, while Oreo was the knock-off. At religious school and temple functions we always had Hydrox because up until the 90s Oreos used lard.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

And there are those who still insist that Hydrox was better, I'm one of them. I've lost count of the number of Oreo variants there are these days.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

While thinking of cookies there used to be a chocolate chip cookie that was around silver dollar size and crisp, not chewy, it came in a box covered by foil, mostly brown and silver as I recall. I haven't seen it in decades, I'm sure it is long gone.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.