What Did You Cook the Week of June 12, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What Did You Cook the Week of June 12, 2016?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

While I will turn on the oven to bake, I was not going to use it for any main dishes when temperatures were in the high 90s and low 100s all week. On Sunday, I made a beef pot roast with potatoes, carrots, mushrooms, and red bell pepper in the crockpot (a secret ingredient is the Penzey's Paprika Smoked Spanish Style), which lasted through Wednesday. On Thursday, I created a pasta dish with spinach fettuccini, canned salmon, vegetables, and a sauce made with 2% yogurt, dried mustard, and Penzey's Mural Seasoning. (It's salt free, but not garlic free.) Tonight, my husband finished it up, and I had an omelet (used the Mural Seasoning again).

Spread the word
      RiversideLen
      Participant

On Monday I browned a pound of ground chicken, mixed it with some pasta sauce and had it with pasta Monday and Tuesday. I still had some chicken with sauce left on Wednesday so I made up a small batch of deep dish pizza dough and made a small deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet with 1/3 of the dough. On Thursday and Friday I made thin crust pizzas with the rest of the dough. Tonight I roasted a chicken.

Italiancook
        Participant

From ATK's "The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook," I made Minute (Cubed) Steak with Garlic-Parsley Butter.

I also made my second favorite meal -- beef liver with mashed potatoes 'n gravy and tomatoes. Bought the tomatoes at the farmer's market, and they tasted good.

My favorite meal is the liver, gravy & mashed potatoes with slow-cooked green beans. I bought the green beans at the farmer's market, but by the time hubby brought back the cottage ham from the meat market, it was too late to start them. I'll cook them today.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.