What Did You Cook the Week of July 10, 2016?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What Did You Cook the Week of July 10, 2016?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I've nothing to report on cooking. It was that kind of a week. My husband cooked on Sunday and Tuesday, and we opened cans the rest of the week--soup on the travel days and chow mein for the next two. I hope that other people will redeem this thread.

Spread the word
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I tried a new recipe for tilapia with capers and parsley, it was disappointing.

We've been eating a lot of fish lately, I usually have salmon poached in butter and my wife has orange roughy in lemon-butter sauce. But we've got a big bag of frozen tilapia to use up, too. Tilapia is often done blackened, covered with a fruit compote or breaded, but I'm trying to avoid adding carbs.

omaria
        Participant

My 2 granddaughters were over at our house.Every year during summer vacation we go shopping to get some new school clothes . something like this " 3 tanktops is enough ! Buy something with long sleeves.Winter is coming" Can you wear that to school ?" No, no shorts. Buy some jeans !(They are both in High school.)It is always a great success and they are happy with their new loot ! What do you girls want for dinner ? (I was hoping for a nice restaurant name) :"We want croquettes oma !" Thank goodness I had the meat for that in the freezer. So I made the ragout (melted butter, beef bouillon, dried onions and flour), put the meat in and spread the mixture on a big platter, to cool off as quick as possible. Then I called those 2 ladies into the kitchen and they shaped them and rolled them in egg and bread crumbs.I deep fried them outside, so I did not have that oil smell in the house. Those are the best croquettes we ever had oma !! Of course they say that every time. I love those girls.

rottiedogs
          Participant

This week we had spicy grilled chicken for tacos and pork tenderloin. Both are quick grilling which is nice once in awhile. I made cheesy mashed potatoes and broccoli as sides for the pork.

Italiancook
            Participant

I made my dad's Chop Suey. It's not the least bit authentic, but it tastes good. I served it with Chow Mein Noodles instead of rice. Dad always used those dried noodles, so I do, too. I make this rarely; when I do, I want to replicate Dad's. The recipe makes a lot, so ate this for the better part of the week.

luvpyrpom
              Participant

Mike had posted a thread some time ago for ideas of low carb dishes so I got a craving and made a steamed egg dish with rice vermicelli noodles. I wanted to use up the frying oil so made more of the Mochiko Chicken. Otherwise, it was also a couple of nights of takeout too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.