What are you Cooking the Week of September 27, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 27, 2020?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Tonight I fried a pork chop,rice and tomato gravy with garden pea salad the coconut pie was good and pie crust was perfect.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I made about 12 quarts of chicken stock today, and will have 3 breasts worth of meat for something like chicken salad. (I added a package of bone in breasts from the freezer to five pounds of backs, also from the freezer, and I threw in some chicken feet for collagen.)

We had a lavash pizza for supper. Tomorrow I may make potato leek soup.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Friday afternoon I'm making another batch of yogurt.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I'm reheating chicken-n-dressing from the freezer, leftover creamed corn and candied sweet potatoes.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The potato leek soup was great, my semolina/malt bread made excellent croutons.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Yesterday I roasted a chicken and had it with an apple stuffed acorn squash and mashed potato. Tonight will be leftover chicken with wild/brown rice blend and mushroom gravy and broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight we had grilled ham and cheese sandwich with home cut fries.

Italiancook
                  Participant

This week, I made a pot of Cauliflower and Pasta Soup from The Romagnolis Table. Because of Covid, I had to improvise. I'm out of Parmesan Reggiano and Romano cheeses. I buy them from a shop in NY, and they import them from Italy. Because both places were hit hard by Covid, I'm afraid of ordering any. I'm worried that the shipping container or the cheese will have Covid from Italy or NY. Because the cheese adds salt and flavor to the otherwise bland soup -- recipe has it made with water -- I had to add flavor and salt. So, I substituted one quart of chicken broth for one quart of the water. Perfect solution! Soup was delicious.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.